Ncl Encore specialty restaurant price

Oxo

Going on Encore in Feb 2020. Looking at Specialty Restaurant (SR)  packages. Find them on NCL site,  however can't see individual SR prices. Did Google search and had no luck either. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thank you! 

6 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Going on Encore in Feb 2020. Looking at Specialty Restaurant (SR)  packages. Find them on NCL site,  however can't see individual SR prices. Did Google search and had no luck either. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Some are ala-carte so you'd need to look for a menu, many of which are posted here.  Some are one set price, like Teppanyaki.  All have a 20% (for now) gratuity/fee/whatever you want to call it added.  I'd quote you the prices but they went up recently so I haven't kept track.

9 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Some are ala-carte so you'd need to look for a menu, many of which are posted here.  Some are one set price, like Teppanyaki.  All have a 20% (for now) gratuity/fee/whatever you want to call it added.  I'd quote you the prices but they went up recently so I haven't kept track.

Thanks. That is my question. What is the current price and where is it posted? 

45 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

If you log into myncl and go to the dining section on the cruise you should see the prices for the fixed price places.

Only one is fixed price,  Teppanyaki $36 plus 20%. All the others are Al la cartel. So,  if I buy the 4 day pkg, it would cost me $136.80 working out to $34.20/ meal. 

1. How do I select my app, entrees, dessert to meet my meal cost? 

2.Is there a limit on my Al la carte selection? Example,  ap $5, entrees $25, dessert $5 equals $35.

3. Or, just select 1 ap, 1 entree, 1 desert?

Read so many different experiences based on ship. 

10 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Only one is fixed price,  Teppanyaki $36 plus 20%. All the others are Al la cartel. So,  if I buy the 4 day pkg, it would cost me $136.80 working out to $34.20/ meal. 

1. How do I select my app, entrees, dessert to meet my meal cost? 

2.Is there a limit on my Al la carte selection? Example,  ap $5, entrees $25, dessert $5 equals $35.

3. Or, just select 1 ap, 1 entree, 1 desert?

Read so many different experiences based on ship. 

You are limited to one entree. Apps and desserts are not limited. There is no price limit on courses or overall cost.

There are some dishes which have a surcharge, and those are stated on the menus.

As you are on the Encore, the menus are available on here. There were a couple of threads from the transatlantic on this board and one of them has copies of all the menus in it. Just look for the thread by TheDougOut.

28 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

You are limited to one entree. Apps and desserts are not limited. There is no price limit on courses or overall cost.

There are some dishes which have a surcharge, and those are stated on the menus.

As you are on the Encore, the menus are available on here. There were a couple of threads from the transatlantic on this board and one of them has copies of all the menus in it. Just look for the thread by TheDougOut.

Thank you. Will check it out.

When you have the meal package don't bother looking at the pricing, unless there is a noted upcharge for an item.  When you have the meal package and sit down the waiter should explain to you what you are allowed, usually as described above - no limit on appetizers and desserts, only one entree.  There is no need to meet a "meal cost".

42 minutes ago, hallux said:

When you have the meal package don't bother looking at the pricing, unless there is a noted upcharge for an item.  When you have the meal package and sit down the waiter should explain to you what you are allowed, usually as described above - no limit on appetizers and desserts, only one entree.  There is no need to meet a "meal cost".

Thank you!  The last time we sailed NCL was 11/2017. NCL seems to change every year as most other lines. Much of the data on the internet can be outdated, too.

This forum helps all of us to obtain current and mostly reliable info. 

So,  Thank You to all who took the time to answer my questions.

11 hours ago, hallux said:

Staff will frequently tell you of limits on sides so their explaining isn't necessarily what you are allowed.

10 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Staff will frequently tell you of limits on sides so their explaining isn't necessarily what you are allowed.

Absolutely.

Certainly don’t ask what you are allowed to order. You may as well ask what the waiters favourite TV show is for all the relevance it has to what you are actually allowed, or what you will be charged for.

Go by what the T&Cs say (1 Entree, no limit on other courses) and what is printed on the menu (upcharges on individual dishes) and you will be fine.

We went to Onda on the recent inaugural cruise. Onda was not included in our Platinum specialty perks and we didn't have a dining package. I had spaghetti, salad and dessert, my wife had ravioli and dessert. We did have a drink package. The charge was $93.00. For us, Onda was not a good experience and we wouldn't do it again. Noisy, disinterested service.

We weren't impressed by Lobos either, but at least it was included.

Edited by billco
added Lobos

1 hour ago, billco said:

We went to Onda on the recent inaugural cruise. Onda was not included in our Platinum specialty perks and we didn't have a dining package...

I know it’s not stated anywhere, but several people including myself were able to use their La Cucina Platinum coupon at Onda. We went twice and loved it. 
Hopefully you had some OBC to burn.

Edited by aero777

50 minutes ago, aero777 said:

I know it’s not stated anywhere, but several people including myself were able to use their La Cucina Platinum coupon at Onda. We went twice and loved it. 

I would assume you can use the SDP at Onda.

Just now, aero777 said:

Yes, we did on the second visit.

I am going on the Encore on Sunday.  I was told that Onda was not included in the specialty dining plan, but if it is what are the menu limitations?  Is it the same as the other restaurants, unlimited apps and desserts and choice of one entree?

1 hour ago, zymurgy1999 said:

I am going on the Encore on Sunday.  I was told that Onda was not included in the specialty dining plan, but if it is what are the menu limitations?  Is it the same as the other restaurants, unlimited apps and desserts and choice of one entree?

Sorry, we didn’t try ordering multiple appetizers when using the SDP. Pasta is definitely considered an entree. My wife ordered spaghetti and also the veal, we charged for the spaghetti (the cheaper of the two).
The big surprise was on the first visit they asked if we wanted to use our Latitudes voucher.

Curious, who told you it wasn’t included in the plan?

15 hours ago, aero777 said:

Sorry, we didn’t try ordering multiple appetizers when using the SDP. Pasta is definitely considered an entree. My wife ordered spaghetti and also the veal, we charged for the spaghetti (the cheaper of the two).
The big surprise was on the first visit they asked if we wanted to use our Latitudes voucher.

Curious, who told you it wasn’t included in the plan?

I thought that I read it somewhere here.  Also, I did not see it listed on the NCL site as included so assumed.  I guess we will board on Sunday and ask.  The issue now is that I am reading conflicting things from people on what is and isn't included, i.e., upcharges at certain restaurants just to sit down, upcharges on certain apps/sides/mains and limits on numbers of apps/sides/desserts that you can order at certain restaurants.  I am thoroughly confused now as people are being told one thing by the staff but others are actually having different experiences while on the ships.

1 hour ago, zymurgy1999 said:

I thought that I read it somewhere here.  Also, I did not see it listed on the NCL site as included so assumed.  I guess we will board on Sunday and ask.  The issue now is that I am reading conflicting things from people on what is and isn't included, i.e., upcharges at certain restaurants just to sit down, upcharges on certain apps/sides/mains and limits on numbers of apps/sides/desserts that you can order at certain restaurants.  I am thoroughly confused now as people are being told one thing by the staff but others are actually having different experiences while on the ships.

We used an SDP credit at Onda.  There were no upcharges. We each had 2 apps, one entree, and one dessert. The apps were HUGE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zymurgy1999 said:

The discussion I have seen (including this thread) was whether it was included as one of the platinum meals. I haven't seen any suggestion that it isn't included in the SDP.

I can't comment from experience regarding uncharges, and this is undoubtedly a point of confusion. One problem is that the menus aren't all standard across the fleet, as they tend to be introduced over a period of time. For example, I am going on the Spirit next month, and from experience I would say that it is unlikely that we will have these new menus.

Regarding limits on apps, sides and desserts, the evidence is overwhelming that the T&C's are correct and what people are being told by some wait staff is incorrect. Apps and desserts are not limited.

22 hours ago, aero777 said:

It was stated on our Platinum coupon that Onda was not included. I didn't try to challenge. The server seemed surprised when I said I said I didn't have a dining package. I think in retrospect he might have accepted my coupon.