Digital Photo Package

mattR

If you buy the All Digital Photo Package do they provide you with a thumbdrive or do you have to bring your own?  Also can you cancel the package onboard if you find that there aren't enough pictures that you want? How much do they normally charge for a single 8x10  also do they usually offer better deals on board or is it usually a better deal to prebuy? 

1 hour ago, mattR said:

If you buy the All Digital Photo Package do they provide you with a thumbdrive or do you have to bring your own?  Also can you cancel the package onboard if you find that there aren't enough pictures that you want? How much do they normally charge for a single 8x10  also do they usually offer better deals on board or is it usually a better deal to prebuy? 

I think you get a link to download the photos. You can check the price for your cruise on the Cruise Planner. For my 7 days in May it’s $249.99 all digital. 

about the cancellation: (From the Cruise Planner)

Cancellation requests must be processed in the first 48 hours of the cruise, after this all photo packages are non-refundable.

48 minutes ago, luisc25 said:

I think you get a link to download the photos. You can check the price for your cruise on the Cruise Planner. For my 7 days in May it’s $249.99 all digital. 

about the cancellation: (From the Cruise Planner)

Cancellation requests must be processed in the first 48 hours of the cruise, after this all photo packages are non-refundable.

Thanks for this information.  Do you know if the downloads include the extra graphics that they put on the printed photos

6 hours ago, mattR said:

On Symphony in April - the pre-cruise price was the best.   They had a price close to that available for the first few days on board.   Our group ordered the all digital package onboard - it was a digital download not a USB drive.   Onboard we were able to have all 3 rooms of our family group included in the photos.   

This was the sign at the purchase desk but  it does not match our experience - they gave us all of the pictures even if the grandkids weren’t in them! 

18CAE105-2DC8-44E0-A113-6706BC82CF3F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Deseo1578 said:

Is this per person? Or per stateroom. 

Per stateroom.  You get all photos that include anyone in the stateroom, plus those that include any minor (under age 18) children of anyone in that stateroom.

We have gotten a 'Thumbdrive" in the past (been a few years ago).

The cost is per stateroom, not per person.

If you are travelling with more than one cabin of people, the most important thing that you want to do is make sure on "Embarkation" day that when you go through the terminal and head to the ship, when the photographers ask you to take your 1st. photo (before entering the ship) you must get everyone who is travelling with you to be in that 1st. photo. I can't emphasize how important this is due to the fact that they use "facial recognition" to capture and organize all of the passengers photos. If you are in that photo, you will be in that "FOLIO" (the file where all of the photos are stored). You will have a "FOLIO" number (based on your cabin #) that you can review the photos as the cruise goes on.

Interesting innovation since last I cruised.  Are there more frequent photo opportunities these days, or is it the way it used to be - gangway upon embarkation, stations during formal nights, roving camera people in the MDR on some nights, etc?  We went to Disney last year and the PhotoPass was one of the best deals going - you could literally get dozens of family photos in a week.  Interested to know if the cruise world has trended in this direction or if a typical stash of photos remains 5-10 opportunities per week.  

13 minutes ago, uvadover said:

Interesting innovation since last I cruised.  Are there more frequent photo opportunities these days, or is it the way it used to be - gangway upon embarkation, stations during formal nights, roving camera people in the MDR on some nights, etc?  We went to Disney last year and the PhotoPass was one of the best deals going - you could literally get dozens of family photos in a week.  Interested to know if the cruise world has trended in this direction or if a typical stash of photos remains 5-10 opportunities per week.  

Haven't noticed any significant different in photo opportunities.

We are regular Disney goers - I would say that the number of photo ops are not quite as high but are higher than they used to be.

Some things are hit and miss though...like flowrider photos..

On Symphony in April we had photos at embarkation (several - not just one group), photos at dinner tables, there were several photo stands set up each night in the promenade/public spaces (like by the giant blow pop) should you want more, there were 2-4 photo stops at each port, flowrider(some of the time) Abyss (you have to link those by submitting a request), sometimes water slides had a photographer too...also sometimes theme parties did...

we didnt do any Royal excursions and it was before Coco Cay but on prior cruises some ship sponsored excursions had photos included too...

We take the digital package- on our last cruises, we were sent an email link when we got home that gave us access to all of the photos- over 200, we have had over 300 if traveling with family.  

If you have family/friends sailing with you, as long as you are also included in the photo, you will get the photo.  Otherwise, just for people in your stateroom.  We used to take the digital plus prints, but found that the photos are two heavy to carry and really we don't use them.  We transfer the e-mailed photos to a photo book web site and make albums of those pictures we like.  This is what we have been doing for a couple of years  on Celebrity.  Not sure if Royal still uses a thumb drive, which they supply or are doing the e-mail photo model.  

If you think about it, it is the only bargain on the ship.  Only negative is that we have been doing this for years and can see that we are aging and our (my) shape is changing!  LOL- the alternative stinks however, so I am not complaining.

Some people complain about luggage weight- so IMO best to take digital.

Edited by Cruise a holic