Size of closet area floor in Royal Class ships?

Redwing55

Maybe a bit of a strange question, but does anyone have a rough idea as to how large the floor area is in the closet area on Royal class ships?  My son (and family) will be traveling with their 2 year old.  They're thinking that maybe they could use that closet area to put the "bed" (pack&play) there.  It would be darker there than in the main cabin. Rough dimensions would be great.  My memory thinks that it could fit there since the floor under the hanging part of the closet is the same level, but I don't recall.  It might block the Bathroom entrance a bit, but I suspect they could move it as needed.

I'm asking about the standard balcony cabin.  I would think Sky, Royal, Regal, etc would all have about the same size.  Yes, we will be sailing on the Sky though.

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

Maybe a bit of a strange question, but does anyone have a rough idea as to how large the floor area is in the closet area on Royal class ships?  My son (and family) will be traveling with their 2 year old.  They're thinking that maybe they could use that closet area to put the "bed" (pack&play) there.  It would be darker there than in the main cabin. Rough dimensions would be great.  My memory thinks that it could fit there since the floor under the hanging part of the closet is the same level, but I don't recall.  It might block the Bathroom entrance a bit, but I suspect they could move it as needed.

I'm asking about the standard balcony cabin.  I would think Sky, Royal, Regal, etc would all have about the same size.  Yes, we will be sailing on the Sky though.

Thanks in advance.

In a balcony cabin the closet is 6 ft. long and about 2 ft, maybe a little less, wide. There is a wardrobe at the far end which is about 18 to 20 inches deep. The door of the bathroom when fully opened to knocks up against the closet's shelf.

Believe that other cat. cabins, excluding full suites, have the same size closets

Edited by skynight

30 minutes ago, h-sar said:

Wow! Good on your for finding this 👍🏼

Being a visual person believing that a picture is worth a thousand words I remembered seeing that one and just did a 'pack and play' search on this forum.  🙂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, capriccio said:

See the pictures of the Princess provided pack and play in the closet on this website:  https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/home/cruising-with-little-kids

Sweet!   Thanks for this and to others too!  It does state that the pic is from mini-suite, but it does give a pretty good idea.  And in the text, it clearly states that it's a go!  My son does understands that the clothes hanging down might get in the way, but like most newer parents, they'll do about anything for the child!  Much appreciated!  Thanks again for the great replies folks!👍👍

Edited by Redwing55
  • Like 1