Price Drops!

MsSoCalCruiser

On 11/27/2019 at 2:55 AM, caribill said:

If a category is sold out, then there is no price you can refare to. You would have to change the booking to a category thst is available.

I believe that depends on the circumstances. We were able to refare our VS cabin on our upcoming Easter Island cruise saving $900 pp plus pick up some promotional perks when it was denoted online as Sold Out. Seems that even though our S6 category was sold out on that first leg, that same category cabin was still available on some of the longer itineraries that included our leg allowing our TA to negotiate a better price for us. So it always pays to make sure there aren't any encompassing itineraries with your category availability when Sold Out shows up on the leg you're booked on. For example, we have a 21 day European cruise booked, which is made up of three 7 day legs, that spreads across 11 different itineraries.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I believe that depends on the circumstances. We were able to refare our VS cabin on our upcoming Easter Island cruise saving $900 pp plus pick up some promotional perks when it was denoted online as Sold Out. Seems that even though our S6 category was sold out on that first leg, that same category cabin was still available on some of the longer itineraries that included our leg allowing our TA to negotiate a better price for us. So it always pays to make sure there aren't any encompassing itineraries with your category availability when Sold Out shows up on the leg you're booked on. For example, we have a 21 day European cruise booked, which is made up of three 7 day legs, that spreads across 11 different itineraries.

That shows the value of booking with a very good TA instead of booking directly with Princess.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2019 at 8:21 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Wow, I’m sorry.   My California coastal round-trip out of LA and my LA to Vancouver coastal cruises both had large price drops. I was hoping someone else would find one too. 

Don't be sorry ... thank you for your help!  One of mine went down a considerable amount but I would lose the free gratuities and beverage package.  If we didn't drink, it would have been such a great savings. 

My TA is so  good, I asked her to  check on just one and she checked all the bookings I have with her.  Well, none of them really worked out in my favor but it never hurts to check.