BREAKFAST OUTSIDE OCEANA

Tablelamp

Thank you Dave,  it sounds similar to the Aurora.   Does it overlook the stern?   I get up early and all I need is to be nice and quiet, looking at the sea with no piped music but plenty of coffee.   Not much to ask is it.  

Christine

2 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

Thank you Dave,  it sounds similar to the Aurora.   Does it overlook the stern?   I get up early and all I need is to be nice and quiet, looking at the sea with no piped music but plenty of coffee.   Not much to ask is it.  

Christine

Unfortunately, nothing like the stern of Aurora. The stern of Oceana is one of its most disappointing aspects.

On Oceana the buffet area is at the front of the ship - despite being on a number of cruises now I'm still happier calling it the back or pointy bit so if this is what others have said just ignore me

;-)

39 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

OCEANA BUFFET

By Tablelamp, October 17 in P&O Cruises ( UK )

I was about to say the same terrierjohn. 

Christine Oceana is a lovely ship and has in my opinion the best atrium. She was my first ship and I have been hooked ever since! There are plenty of quiet areas for a peaceful coffee and away from any music. 

You will have a wonderful time I am sure. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

I was about to say the same terrierjohn. 

Christine Oceana is a lovely ship and has in my opinion the best atrium. She was my first ship and I have been hooked ever since! There are plenty of quiet areas for a peaceful coffee and away from any music. 

You will have a wonderful time I am sure. 

Totally agree about the atrium, but disagree about the quiet areas if the weather is not great. 

That was the only let down for us on a beautiful ship. 

Andy 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

Christine

You might be disappointed about the piped music. On some cruises they switched it on at a ridiculous early hour, I was the only one outside. then one day it was a song full of obscene language. I complained and said IMO there is no need for ANY music before 8am.

You know what it is like nowadays, music everywhere, apparently it is popular because it stops your brain from actually thinking!

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Totally agree about the atrium, but disagree about the quiet areas if the weather is not great. 

That was the only let down for us on a beautiful ship. 

Andy 

Never mind,  I must be at fault because P and O tell me that piped music is what the passengers want.

Christine

2 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

Never mind,  I must be at fault because P and O tell me that piped music is what the passengers want.

Christine

It wasn't so much the piped music that bothered us, just the layout of the ship means everything seems to entwine. 

At one point, we were sitting outside the Yacht and Compass listening to music from 3 venues... Excruciating, so we moved to Magnums but could hear the quiz from Winners, the disco from Le Club and Johnny Youle from the Atrium....

That said, we still had a fantastic cruise and I'm sure you will too. 

Andy 

Andy,

I am going to Spain for two weeks in February and then down to Germany for the third week. I will need to take plenty of winter woollies. Never been to Hamburg before so it will be something new.  And just for you, I will sit outside the yacht and compass and learn to play the bagpipes.  Actually one of my favourite instruments.

Christine

• Haha 1

Just now, Tablelamp said:

Andy,

I am going to Spain for two weeks in February and then down to Germany for the third week. I will need to take plenty of winter woollies. Never been to Hamburg before so it will be something new.  And just for you, I will sit outside the yacht and compass and learn to play the bagpipes.  Actually one of my favourite instruments.

Christine

We think Hamburg is a fantastic city, the Museum under St Nicholas? tower is an eye opener and the shopping is great. 

I wouldn't be able to hear your bagpipes over everything else that is going on... 

Andy