Emailed "Cruise Vacation Summary"

Kate-AHF

I didn't receive this on my first O cruise last year.  When I called O this year to find out if a final itinerary/hotel info would be sent for our post-cruise extension for this year...the O rep said "It's in your Cruise Vacation Summary which was sent to your TA on 11/16."

After some back and forth with the agent, and a request to O from me to send it to him again, I got the summary.

Wow.  It's helpful.  Everything is in one place... from shipboard credit and comps, to dining reservations, to La Reserve reservations, to shore-x   A one-stop list that will really come in handy if anything gets "mis-placed" (like a reservation) onboard.  Much better than my having to save all the confirmation emails and finding the one I want while standing at Guest Services and hoping I have an internet connection to get to my email.

I wonder how long they have been sending these out?

26 minutes ago, Jay23 said:

Is this the Blue Book?   We have been sailing with Oceania for 4 years.  We have always had a Blue Book and I believe that it has been part of the cruise administration for many years.   J

The Blue book is more general info on your cruise

No  it is  an email

subject line

Important - Oceania Cruises Final Cruise Vacation Summary: name booking number

I get the email from Oceania & my TA  usually 2-3 wks prior to the sailing

Make sure your email   address is up to date on your Oceania Account

Maybe check your spam or trash  next time you are cruising 

2 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

I didn't receive this on my first O cruise last year.  When I called O this year to find out if a final itinerary/hotel info would be sent for our post-cruise extension for this year...the O rep said "It's in your Cruise Vacation Summary which was sent to your TA on 11/16."

After some back and forth with the agent, and a request to O from me to send it to him again, I got the summary.

Wow.  It's helpful.  Everything is in one place... from shipboard credit and comps, to dining reservations, to La Reserve reservations, to shore-x   A one-stop list that will really come in handy if anything gets "mis-placed" (like a reservation) onboard.  Much better than my having to save all the confirmation emails and finding the one I want while standing at Guest Services and hoping I have an internet connection to get to my email.

I wonder how long they have been sending these out?

Old news. This is not something new or even recently changed.

The Cruise Vacation Summary is the emailed mainstay of your "final docs," which comes to you directly from Oceania or, if specified, via your TA, several weeks prior to embarkation.

It is not the same as the Cruise Vacation Planner (the snail mail Blue Book that arrives weeks earlier than the emailed final docs), which also has some info specific to you, including luggage tags. 

But, it is the emailed Cruise Vacation Summary that concisely summarizes all of the latest info associated with your account for that booking number including, for example, an update of your Oceania Club loyalty level, which may have only changed recently because of a different cruise you took since the most recent of previous invoices (for this booking) was issued.

• Thanks 1

I've never booked a guarantee but I've seen plenty of posts here from others who didn't receive the confirmation until just about the last moment.  If it's a guarantee, it should really be a guarantee!

What I've NEVER seen here is someone complaining because they had a "guarantee" and then they didn't get it.  Oceania will move heaven and earth to get someone else to move off the cruise so that YOU will have your cabin.

Sometimes people arrive without their luggage tags because the room didn't clear soon enough ... in which case, there will be blank tags at the port that you can fill in with your names and room number.

3 hours ago, GICNJC said:

We are 12 days out and have not received it.  We are still a Guaranteed on website.  Has anyone who has a guaranteed receive them closer to sail date?  If so what is the closest days to sailing?

Are you talking about the email summary ??

Maybe you should call your TA or Oceania  to see if it was emailed to you

Check your spam folder also  just incase  it went in there

12 hours ago, GICNJC said:

We are 12 days out and have not received it.  We are still a Guaranteed on website.  Has anyone who has a guaranteed receive them closer to sail date?  If so what is the closest days to sailing?

We once got our room assignment at the dock on the day of sailing-

It all depends on how much shuffling they need to do. 

You are GUARANTEED a place on the ship, which is what you signed up for,  so enjoy the process, and fasten your seatbelt.  

2 hours ago, GICNJC said:

We received our e docs today.  Still listed as Guarantee. 

Thanks StandardJim for you post.  Once less thing to worry about.

I have heard  sometimes  with GTY  assignments can be handed out  at the port

at least you know you are on the ship someplace  😉