Disembarking early from a European itineray?

jaxie001

Hi all, looking for any first hand experience with downlining or disembarking early from a European itinerary on Carnival? Rccl has a FAQ on their website as well as MSC, not sure info for Carnival? Maybe not posted since they don't do as many Europe cruises. Looking to disembark in Copenhagen instead of return to London. Any insight is helpful :)

Thanks

3 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

What does RCCL and MSC say about your question ?

Read my mind, from a legality perspective, if there is one, they would be alike.  If CCL does not have one I would think it would be due to irregularity of their sailing there.   

Edited by jimbo5544

2 minutes ago, screamingreen said:

On Princess, you have to get special permission ahead of time (before the cruise) and I think there's a fee.

I think you need to inform the cruise line and get permission no matter what cruise line since they have to set up immigration being able to process you.

No rebate of any cruise fare even though not sailing the entire cruise.

It depends on your itinerary prior to your arrival in Copenhagen.  If you are coming from another EU country, there would be no customs or immigration formalities, so it would just be permission from the cruise line, and a realization that you will have to handle your own luggage off the ship.  Since you haven't listed what ship/itinerary you are considering, we can't help you further.  EM

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, it's a cruise leaving London (Dover). RCCL seems to have links to a application that can be submitted in advance. I wouldn't be expecting any kind of discount, kinda weird to think anyone would think they deserve that, and I completely understand taking my own bags off. We'de just rather spend an extra day on land instead of a sea day and then just fly home from where we debarked, just trying to maximize vacay time.

16 hours ago, jaxie001 said:

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, it's a cruise leaving London (Dover). RCCL seems to have links to a application that can be submitted in advance. I wouldn't be expecting any kind of discount, kinda weird to think anyone would think they deserve that, and I completely understand taking my own bags off. We'de just rather spend an extra day on land instead of a sea day and then just fly home from where we debarked, just trying to maximize vacay time.

I think that RCCL is relatively unique in having an easy process to request permission for this. You may or may not be permitted by carnival to do this but you’ll need to call and ask. I know that NCL denies all of these requests, even if the early disembarkation is perfectly legal so there’s no way of anticipating what carnival will do short of calling and asking.