Swim with the pigs excursion?

Whatsausername

Hello. We are looking at a Norwegian cruise and one of the ports is Grand Bahama Island. Where exactly are we docking?

An excursion offered is the swim with the pigs. I would like to know if anyone knows if it's possible to book this excursion directly with a company instead of the cruise line. I have found one company offering this but it specifically says it's from Freeport. I just find this confusing.

On another note, the reviews for this excursion are really hit or miss. Has anyone here actually done the excursion at the Grand Bahama Island port or through Norwegian's Great Stirrup Cay?

Thank you.

There is the real excursion, which takes you to an island where feral pigs have been living for a long time, it’s hours away and you really can’t make it work on a cruise stop. Now there is a newer excursion when they brought farm pigs to a close island and bring them out to swim.

Personally, I don’t recommend it. They’re trying to emulate the true pig beach on Big Major Cay in Exuma where the pigs are actually free. 

I’ve been to pig beach and it was a neat experience, so I couldn’t imagine trying to copy it with captive pigs on a cruise line excursion. Then again, I also feel the same way about dolphin and stingray excursions. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...