Heating Pad

I'm not posting this to be criticized but to share my experience. I know the rules. Three days (a Friday) before departure I ended up in the Emergency room with an injury that required ice and a heating pad. I knew there was no time to contact the special needs department so I contacted the ship directly to see if they could provide one for me. I used every email address that I could find hoping to get a response. Less than a day before leaving I was told the question had been forwarded on to the Staff Captain. The email said to bring my own hoping he would say yes but if not it would be confiscated. Much to my surprise it was still in the first bag to arrive. The second day of cruising I was told I was not allowed to use it. I never attempted to use it as we were on an older ship and there was only one outlet and it wasn't in a convenient place. I bought a hot water bottle in our first port. It worked great so I would suggest getting one for anyone that needs to apply heat and also ask your room attendant for a second ice bucket and keep them full at all times.

last years cruise I asked our wonderful attendant for a bucket of ice every night at about 5:30 pm to ice my knee.  EVERY night it was there.  Sometimes with towel animals!  

This was needed as I was cruising on the 6th of January and the week after I got back, I have bi-lateral knee replacement.  Best decision ever!  One year later, I am a new person.  Will be walking the track (Symphony) and bar hopping...  Cheers!

Few years back had a meniscus repair close to sailing. I was still using ice/heat. I used the therma care type heat wraps - no electric. Steward was great  I asked for extra ice and he brought me a bucket like they use at the portable bars and plenty of extra towels. Worked out very well and I really appreciated.  

Tipped him extra and told hotel director and mentioned on survey how helpful he had been.