HAM to CGD

skings

Hello off MSC Meraviglia in Kiel May 2, 2020. I am elderly traveling solo and use a mobility walker.  Plan a flight on Air France  Hamburg to CDG.

Would I be able to book a 2:00 flight? Do I really need to be at CDG 2 hours before flight? If I am off

ship at 9AM take train directly to Hamburg airport, am I taking a risk? 

Thanks for any info.

4 hours ago, skings said:

Hello off MSC Meraviglia in Kiel May 2, 2020. I am elderly traveling solo and use a mobility walker.  Plan a flight on Air France  Hamburg to CDG.

Would I be able to book a 2:00 flight? Do I really need to be at CDG 2 hours before flight? If I am off

ship at 9AM take train directly to Hamburg airport, am I taking a risk? 

Thanks for any info.

I'm confused about you needing to be at CDG 2 hours before your flight. I assume you mean Hamburg.

I would say that you definitely need to be at Hamburg airport by 12:00.  Gates will shut around 30 minutes prior to departure,  so, in reality, arriving at 12:00 only gives you a 90  minute buffer.

From Hamburg Cruise terminal you can either take the S1 train - 30 to 40 minutes at a cost of €5 or a TAXI - 20 minutes priced at €35 to 45 .

You should plan to be at the airport no later than 12 for a 2 pm flight - with a 9 am cruise arrival that shouldn’t be a problem. No risk.

It seems you have some walking problems, why not also make a reservation with your airline for wheelchair transportation at the airport. That way you skip some walking and get priorty boarding etc.

4 hours ago, Ine said:

It seems you have some walking problems, why not also make a reservation with your airline for wheelchair transportation at the airport. That way you skip some walking and get priorty boarding etc.

Thanks I intend to do that! My worry is booking air in January than ship arrives late. So I am going to book a flight late in the afternoon to relieve the stress factor.

7 minutes ago, skings said:

Thanks I intend to do that! My worry is booking air in January than ship arrives late. So I am going to book a flight late in the afternoon to relieve the stress factor.

Indeed that will be safer. It seems total traveltime to  Kiel station, then by train from Kiel to Hamburg airport will be about 2 hours.