San Diego Hotel Pre-Cruise

BridgeMates

Scroll down and you will find a lot of threads about this. What is your price range? When are you traveling? Prices and availability vary widely, especially in the Embarcadero and Marina districts (close to the cruise port). Are you looking for someplace with parking included?  Few of the hotels in this area have that.

With the port, airport, and downtown in close proximity to each other, you have a lot of options.  My "go to" hotel is the Hampton Inn on Pacific Hwy.  I've stayed at the combo Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites a few blocks away and it's also a good hotel.  Sometimes when there's a big convention in town availability in the downtown is limited.  In those instances I've stayed in Old Town and that works too.  

20 hours ago, scottca075 said:

The Residence Inn and SpringHill Suites Bayfront are directly across from the cruise terminal and fairly new.

Ditto this - my favorite place, but it can be expensive at times.  We also stay at the nearby Hampton Inn - more reasonable price but still close enough to walk to pier (or take the free pier shuttle) - but ask for a front facing room (train noise).

9 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Ditto this - my favorite place, but it can be expensive at times.  We also stay at the nearby Hampton Inn - more reasonable price but still close enough to walk to pier (or take the free pier shuttle) - but ask for a front facing room (train noise).

I believe Dave means to ask to have a room on the west side of the building, as those facing east are right along the train and Trolley tracks.

51 minutes ago, Splinter said:

I believe Dave means to ask to have a room on the west side of the building, as those facing east are right along the train and Trolley tracks.

Yes, I mean one facing the street in front of the building and faces the water.  Sorry for the confusion.

19 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Stroll up to Little Italy to eat. Many good places along India St.

Ditto that!  We try to do this on every cruise the night before sailing.  Close to Springhill and even closer to Hampton Inn.

I could use some help in exactly how far the Residence Inn and Springhill Suites, across from the port, are from the baggage drop point at the terminal. I will have two suitcases plus a carry on (15 night cruise- please no discussion about packing less 😉). I know those hotels are too close for Uber, etc. I would just like some sense of how far I  have to drag suitcases. One city block, two blocks??? Not the distance to the terminal, but to baggage drop off.

Thanks!

Edited by Straughn

1 hour ago, Straughn said:

I could use some help in exactly how far the Residence Inn and Springhill Suites, across from the port, are from the baggage drop point at the terminal. I will have two suitcases plus a carry on (15 night cruise- please no discussion about packing less 😉). I know those hotels are too close for Uber, etc. I would just like some sense of how far I  have to drag suitcases. One city block, two blocks??? Not the distance to the terminal, but to baggage drop off.

Click the link. Residence Inn Bayfront. Residence Inn Bayfront Street View. Of course it depends on the pier, ships berth at two of them, but you are literally across the street. In the Street View link you can see the two terminals, one left and one right. So 300 yards?