Nice jeans in terrace acceptable for dinner? Yes or no?

dcsam

By the way, I’ve never seen a definition of Casual  jeans.. so it’s all about interpretation. They are NOT saying no jeans, but no CASUAL jeans.. and they start with country club CASUAL.. so not a very strict regulation according to me. I’m not deciding it doesn’t apply to me, it seems like people are trying to make it something that it’s not because they think jeans looks cheap.  I’m reading what it says and I believe that my nice jeans is not a casual jeans so I will be looking just fine..

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, amitje said:

By the way, I’ve never seen a definition of Casual  jeans.. so it’s all about interpretation. They are NOT saying no jeans, but no CASUAL jeans.. and they start with country club CASUAL.. so not a very strict regulation according to me. I’m not deciding it doesn’t apply to me, it seems like people are trying to make it something that it’s not because they think jeans looks cheap.  I’m reading what it says and I believe that my nice jeans is not a casual jeans so I will be looking just fine..

Reminds me of the old Talking Heads album, Stop Making Sense. 

• Haha 1

Lots of examples aboard ship of people considering hygiene as being optional. Just like quarantine, some obviously believe that’s optional also. They don’t want to stay in their cabins because the doctors told them to, it’s their cruise. 

Given a 1:00 boarding time. I’ll just show up at 11:00 and board. Oh, all those announcements about not going to your cabin until the deck is called? Seems quite a few believe that’s optional too. Get in the way of the attendants trying to clean, tough. All these codes and rules are just optional to some and we get to pick and choose the ones we’ll adhere to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I wonder which other codes or regulations amijte thinks are fine to ignore? Those safety codes? Naw, they don’t apply to me! Certainly I don’t have to use hand sanitizer, I’m above that! I’ll just pick and choose what I want to adhere to! 

I've mentioned this elsewhere but a staff member told me that when they had the recent noro-virus outbreak the biggest offenders re not abiding the 48 hour quarantine were men. I repeat this only to make the point that ANYONE who wouldn't obey that rule likely isn't going along with any other.

6 hours ago, amitje said:

I was hesitant to post a note but I just don't get it either,  different styles is just normal across different generations and nationalities.

Fashion changes. What used to be dressy 50 years ago is no longer dressy now.. 'Country Club Style' changes as generations change.. Ever went to an office lately? Most men don't wear suits anymore or they wear them with sneakers.. and that's nice!

It's not because someone is wearing a nice jeans (that probably costs way more than that 20 year old "dressy" bermuda) that they should not be in the restaurant or means that they have no manners. Classy is classy, whether it's jeans or not..

This conversation sounds a lot like: the youth of today.... Pretty sure that the grandparents of these "complainers/reporters" didn't like their style either.

And maybe they don't enforce the dresscode anymore  because they want a sustainable business..

As long as someone has cloths on, is not provocative and most of all: is hygienic, doesn't stink and has proper table manners - why would you let this bother you or even worse, report people over this?

Live and let live.. and yes, I will be wearing my nice black skinny jeans in the specialty restaurants and if someone gives me the 'stink-eye', I'll smile and wave at you..

Good for you !!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, amitje said:

I think a big part of the 'issue' is the cruise lines being wishy washy. Say no jeans or don't mention it. Say no tee shirts or don't mention it. No flip flops. Take the ambivalence out of it. If you can't wear jeans to a particular venue then you can to another.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, clo said:

I think a big part of the 'issue' is the cruise lines being wishy washy. Say no jeans or don't mention it. Say no tee shirts or don't mention it. No flip flops. Take the ambivalence out of it. If you can't wear jeans to a particular venue then you can to another.

No issue.  People just like to make an issue when it isn't there. Go have a good time and do not sweat the small stuff.