Nice jeans in terrace acceptable for dinner? Yes or no?

dcsam

42 minutes ago, dcsam said:

I know, I know, another dress code question.  I did a search, but still need to find out if jeans are appropriate in the terrace for dinner?  Yay or nay?

Thank you!

A big yes. Also nice shorts are O.K. also.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dcsam said:

I know, I know, another dress code question.  I did a search, but still need to find out if jeans are appropriate in the terrace for dinner?  Yay or nay?

Thank you!

Jeans are OK ONLY in the Terrace. Ok everywhere for breakfast/lunch. Unlike other lines, Oceania WILL enforce the proper dresscodes in the GDR & specialty rest. & I have seen pax comment about slackers.

6 minutes ago, keithm said:

Jeans are OK ONLY in the Terrace. Ok everywhere for breakfast/lunch. Unlike other lines, Oceania WILL enforce the proper dresscodes in the GDR & specialty rest. & I have seen pax comment about slackers.

On this cruise on Riviera they've been allowed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

On this cruise on Riviera they've been allowed.

Hopefully, this will NOT become a trend! Jeans are not what we consider Country Club casual. They were not allowed on our past cruises on Riviera. We'll be off Oceania in 2020, but plan to be back in 2021. If I read that jeans are becoming the rule, then we might start looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, keithm said:

Hopefully, this will NOT become a trend! Jeans are not what we consider Country Club casual. They were not allowed on our past cruises on Riviera. We'll be off Oceania in 2020, but plan to be back in 2021. If I read that jeans are becoming the rule, then we might start looking elsewhere.

Are you talking about denim the fabric or the cut of the pants? There is a difference. 

6 hours ago, dcsam said:

Keithm,

Long jeans were not allowed in the Terrace  /buffet?  

No, I didn't say that! Jeans are allowed in the Terrace. They are also allowed during breakfast/lunch. As to shorts, I'm not sure of the rule in the Terrace. Again, they are fine at breakfast/lunch. Very seldom saw them at night anywhere on board.

9 minutes ago, keithm said:

No, I didn't say that! Jeans are allowed in the Terrace. They are also allowed during breakfast/lunch. As to shorts, I'm not sure of the rule in the Terrace. Again, they are fine at breakfast/lunch. Very seldom saw them at night anywhere on board.

+1, even on positively sweltering Panama Canal or Caribbean itineraries, shorts were exceedingly rare after teatime.  

25 minutes ago, keithm said:

Shorts are permissible in the Terrace Cafe at all times...including dinner.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Shorts are permissible in the Terrace Cafe at all times...including dinner.

Permissible and advisable are two very different things.  Shorts are VERY rare in the evening on Oceania, for men or women.  The AC levels alone make them a poor choice.  

• Like 1

It seems some posters don’t have very current info. There are many wearing shorts in the evening, especially in the Caribbean. 

Non casual jeans are very much allowed in the GDR at night. As usual some try to re write the dress code to reflect what they’d like it to be, not what it is. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Permissible and advisable are two very different things.  Shorts are VERY rare in the evening on Oceania, for men or women.  The AC levels alone make them a poor choice.  

I was answering the question : "I'm not sure of the rule in the Terrace." I responded appropriately with  a factual answer. Your opinion  or observation is not an appropriate answer to a factual inquiry. And on warm weather cruises I've taken shorts were anything but rare in the Terrace Cafe at dinner.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I was answering the question : "I'm not sure of the rule in the Terrace." I responded appropriately with  a factual answer. Your opinion  or observation is not an appropriate answer to a factual inquiry. And on warm weather cruises I've taken shorts were anything but rare in the Terrace Cafe at dinner.

I would agree with you. Last week there were quite a few people wearing shorts in the terrace.  Just about all were very nice ones, not looking like bathing suites or the like.

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Not the rubber pool kind...yes, there are nicer ones...I have many of them in lots of different colors.

Which brings up something that annoys me just a bit. My wife can wear open-toed sandals to the dining room and specialty restaurants, but if the rules are being tightly enforced I can't. I have very nice leather sandals that are not inexpensive by any means that are prohibited, but my wife can wear pretty much any old sandals she puts on.