Barcelona hotels

Sunseeker322

We have a group going out of Barcelona 

The 4 cruise hotel options are Gates Diagonal , Condes de Barcelona, NH Sants or Silken Gran Havana.

Which one would be best suited for walking to tourist areas such as La Ramblas or Gothic Quarter. 

Been yelled at all day about our cabin prices for this 12 night cruise so thought I would refocus on hotels.  Thank you for your valued input .

Howdy @Sunseeker322 and thank you for your new thread on the Celebrity Cruises forum! emo22.gif

Since your thread's topic is Barcelona hotels, I have moved your thread to the Europe - Mediterranean Eastern & Western - Spain Ports forum where it will be on-topic. Now that you are here on this new forum, please browse through the other thread titles here looking for those related to your inquiry. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers regarding your inquiry.

Please remember the following stated in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Anytime you want to start a new thread on any forum, first make sure you are on the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members browsing through the thread titles and if they know the information they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, ship, port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry if it will help the members to be able to answer you.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication!

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and so glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

4 hours ago, Sunseeker322 said:

We have a group going out of Barcelona 

The 4 cruise hotel options are Gates Diagonal , Condes de Barcelona, NH Sants or Silken Gran Havana.

Which one would be best suited for walking to tourist areas such as La Ramblas or Gothic Quarter. 

Been yelled at all day about our cabin prices for this 12 night cruise so thought I would refocus on hotels.  Thank you for your valued input .

Of those Condes do Barcelona, which we have stayed at around 2011.

It is good for Casa Batllo and Casa Mila.

But it was quite expensive (thru Celebrity), nothing special and not convenient for walking to those locations. I reckon 20 min walk to Pl. Catalunya at the end of Las Ramblas.

I would recommend H10 Madison, Barcelona Catedral, Hotel Jazz, Hotel Lleo or Hotel REC as other better choices

12 minutes ago, helpthejuggler said:

Of those Condes do Barcelona, which we have stayed at around 2011.

It is good for Casa Batllo and Casa Mila.

But it was quite expensive (thru Celebrity), nothing special and not convenient for walking to those locations. I reckon 20 min walk to Pl. Catalunya at the end of Las Ramblas.

I would recommend H10 Madison, Barcelona Catedral, Hotel Jazz, Hotel Lleo or Hotel REC as other better choices

My problem is right now I need 14 rooms and most hotels are refusing to give me more than 6 so we probably have to go with cruiseline hotels . Excellent information thanks so much 

36 minutes ago, Sunseeker322 said:

I am not sure why most hotels are refusing to give me 14 rooms 

How many nights?

When are you visiting? Does it clash with a huge event? UEFA Champions League etc

When you say refused is it just the booking form doesn't support it?

I would contact the hotels directly for a large group booking or ask a travel agent. That is a group beyond my experience, but others may have advice

Here's a thought:  normally it is a good idea in Barcelona to book a hotel in the central area [near Las Ramblas, or in Barri Gòtic or El Born areas].  But when there are protests, these are the areas they are likely to focus on [and Plaça d'Espanya, which reports say isn't really convenient for tourists anyway].  So take a look at a Barcelona map and find a hotel that is outside these areas, but convenient to a Metro stop.  That might also help you find places with lots of rooms available to you.  We have never considered the Hilton Barcelona but now I would, and it might be perfect for you:  near the Maria Cristina L3 Metro stop, and large enough to have blocks of rooms available [not to mention Hilton Honors points].

8 hours ago, helpthejuggler said:

How many nights?

When are you visiting? Does it clash with a huge event? UEFA Champions League etc

When you say refused is it just the booking form doesn't support it?

I would contact the hotels directly for a large group booking or ask a travel agent. That is a group beyond my experience, but others may have advice

I am used to doing a 70 room block but on this trip most folks are flying straight to the ship. I have never had so much trouble getting more than 6 rooms and that's considered a group. I will try Hilton and see if that helps. I had wanted to do a more local hotel with local flavor and was looking at the H10 hotels specifically Casanova, however my customers object to paying in euro.

I am a Hilton Honors member so let's see if that works.

I still have 5 balconys left if I sell those I may need even more rooms !

Thanks for all your help

Apparently there is a rule about anything over 6 rooms. That is why every place has told us they dont like more than 6 rooms and we may have to do cruise line hotels but they may have the same issue. Many folks flying straight to the ship as it is a 12 night cruise and they can only be away so long. For those that are not we want a hotel in a good area not a business, financial or industrial district.