Royal Caribbean Gold Perks?

Howie411

So not a big deal but just curious where is where is the free Continental breakfast in the private lounge and what is priority check-in?  I didnt see either when boarding the Harmony this morning and the one person we asked seemed clueless.

57 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

So not a big deal but just curious where is where is the free Continental breakfast in the private lounge and what is priority check-in?  I didnt see either when boarding the Harmony this morning and the one person we asked seemed clueless.

The private departure lounge is for the morning you are leaving the ship for the last time.  Plus, the "continental breakfast" is coffee and if you're lucky some pastries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wrote about the Royal Caribbean gold benefits a couple of years ago. It was on a different ship, so the experience will be different. However, no, there is no private lounge unless you are in a suite. There is theoretically a private space of disembarkation, but I don't know how much value that provides. I do consistently see priority check-in lines that help significantly. Happy sailing!

Priority checkin isn’t much of priority checkin even for Platinums and Diamonds (a bit better for Diamonds) and up. We didn’t start “feeling” benefits till we became Diamonds.

• Like 3

I had the same questions during our July cruise. 

I will say I did get one "perk".  I had to head to customer service when we boarded Harmony to take care of issues due to family members switching cabins. We were at the port bright and early, had a short wait, and were able to board very quickly. Once we boarded, we went straight to customer service and had no line at all.  After talking with the representative, I looked back and a line had started to form.

BTW I am a bit stubborn and would rather say "customer" services instead of  "guest" services.  I am not a guest, I am a paying customer. (-;