Le Petit Chef can't be making as much $ as the restaurant it replaced (Qsine)

fstuff1

I too prefer the O.G. Qsine, but Le Petit Chef was a good change after going to Qsine a few times. I would go back to Le Petit Chef to watch the other show. Most of the items in the original Qsine was just deep fried food and they spent so much time on the presentation that it took forever for the food to come out.

My guess is once the licensing to Le Petit Chef is up, they'll switch to something else, similar to Broken Strings......................

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

What do you mean by deconstructed?

this food trend from way back when (early 2000's?) where chefs at fine dining / avant garde restaurants (el bulli) would take a well known classic dish, break it down into its elements, do creative things with the elements, and bring it back together into a novel dish.  Played with old classic recipes with distinctive tastes and brought new life into them.

Very difficult to do well, and was super exciting and novel.  And it's like a simple food concept (like foam and spherification, also, from el bulli) so people can copy and run with it, and turned into this horrible food fad where eventually it was just a well known food item served with its parts disjointed with minor changes to some of them  with slightly fancier ingredients than normal.  Like every hipster restaurant was "deconstructing" something or other but horribly in the early 2010's.  

And then it turned into the worst absurd build your own meal caricatures of the original concept.  Like Qsine, where they serve you guacamole ingredients (which are mostly raw and are not altered in any way) and tell you to make your own.  What's next, are they going to make you chop and mash the veggies yourself too?  And the build-your-own slider.  They are not deconstructed, just unfinished.

My wife and I have been on 3 Celebrity cruises and we've gone to Qsine on each cruise.  However, we will definitely not be going to LPC.  It holds no interest to either of us.  Qsine was fun, this doesn't look like fun.

15 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

they cant do local meats for health/liability reasons.

e. coli, tape worms, etc

Azamara do.

The Chef visits local markets when in port. On our 09.09.16 cruise, he bought cheeses in Honfleur, France and fish in St John’s Newfoundland. They were on the menu that evening.

As to Le Petit Chef ,it’s a gimmick that will not attract my £, as I am Dairy Intolerant, so there’s would be very little that I could eat.

Edited by upwarduk

We enjoy both LPS and Qsine- when we sail, we go at least once per cruise on the M or S class ships.  LPS is clever- the food good- they will alter the menu if you request it.  Qsine is great also- of course you overeat as so many choices and it is unlimited- a sure gain of a lb or two!

• Like 1