Help with cabin location on Sirena

cruisemom42

This would be my first O cruise. I'm trying to select a cabin on Sirena for a cruise that goes to Iceland and Greenland. My budget only stretches to an inside cabin, so I am trying to determine the best location, e.g., where I can fairly quickly get access from my cabin to an outside deck. For me, this would be important for this cruise in particular.

It looks to me like Deck 5 has an open area along the sides (under the lifeboats) that is available to all -- is that correct? If that is the case I can book something on deck 4 or deck 6 and be within one flight of stairs.

Also, looks like some of the insides available on those decks would be either over or under the main lounge -- any thoughts on which would be better?  I'm thinking over rather than under, but perhaps someone has experience to the contrary.

Deck four  is a quick trip  to the deck 5 viewing area  but  only 1 inside that is not H/C  so may be hard to get

yes Deck 5  has some loungers there & a nice place to take photos

Deck 6  you will be over the lounge & it could  be noisy  when the shows are on or during rehearsals

Deck 7  would  be fine

Deck 8 mid ship  is also a good option  you can get up to the pool deck  quickly  but then you may hear the noise from  kitchen in Waves

The ship is  small  so you can usually get outside in no time

Maybe check the E cat cabins  on deck 6  they are smaller  but you can get some light

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Deck four  is a quick trip  to the deck 5 viewing area  but  only 1 inside that is not H/C  so may be hard to get

yes Deck 5  has some loungers there & a nice place to take photos

Deck 6  you will be over the lounge & it could  be noisy  when the shows are on or during rehearsals

Deck 7  would  be fine

Deck 8 mid ship  is also a good option  you can get up to the pool deck  quickly  but then you may hear the noise from  kitchen in Waves

The ship is  small  so you can usually get outside in no time

Maybe check the E cat cabins  on deck 6  they are smaller  but you can get some light

Thanks for the suggestions. The E cabins on deck 6 are not too much more. Are they very obstructed?

12 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Yes, there is access for everyone to the open area under the lifeboats on deck five. The only time access is limited or closed is due to lowering/raising the of the lifeboats or other maintenance. Here's a picture of the area during lowering a lifeboat. 

IMG_1635.JPG

Thanks -- great photo!

10 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thanks for the suggestions. The E cabins on deck 6 are not too much more. Are they very obstructed?

some more than others 

the lifeboats are the obstruction

6033/6030 are the least obstructed

36 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Yes, there is access for everyone to the open area under the lifeboats on deck five. The only time access is limited or closed is due to lowering/raising the of the lifeboats or other maintenance. Here's a picture of the area during lowering a lifeboat. 

IMG_1635.JPG

It's also the first deck area to be closed during rough seas.

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thanks again; just reserved with cabin #6033. 🚢

Please tell us that you used a TA (in particular, a member of Oceania's Connoisseurs Club) and that you have negotiated complimentary gratuities as well as a TA rebate or refundable SBC equal to 5-10% of the commissionable fare.

If not, you have 30 days to transfer a booking made directly with Oceania. Need a TA? Search CC for the many many many threads on how to find a great TA.

4 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Does anyone here have experience with cabins on deck 6 above the showroom? Wondering how much noise there is?

In terms of ambient noise, being above the Sirena Lounge (forward) is no worse than being above the GDR (aft). Where there may be a noticeable difference between aft (our usual preference for several reasons) and, IMO, the less desirable forward location includes the occasional hawspipe noise and the ship motion in rough weather.

18 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Does anyone here have experience with cabins on deck 6 above the showroom? Wondering how much noise there is?

You will get the noise from the band playing  when the show is on & during rehearsals in the afternoon

the shows are done by 10:30 pm so if you do not retire before that it is not a problem

we usually  stay  in the med or aft areas  no noise issues 😉

49 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Please tell us that you used a TA (in particular, a member of Oceania's Connoisseurs Club) and that you have negotiated complimentary gratuities as well as a TA rebate or refundable SBC equal to 5-10% of the commissionable fare.

Yes, I have. Check and check.  

Not my first rodeo, although my first time with Oceania. :classic_wink:  I do wish they were a little more willing to offer incentives to solo travelers though. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Like what??

They do have some lower SS rates but not for all sailings

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/single-supplement/

Oceania and Azamara tend to offer the fewest deals for solos of the lines I'm interested in.

HAL has quite a few cruises with reduced SS if you book insides or ocean views (which is fine with me).  Princess gives double cruise credits. Crystal often has generously reduced SS fares. 

I'm afraid Voyages to Antiquity spoiled me -- most cruises had a very low (and sometimes no) SS, and they had great lecturers. Their new itineraries under lease to Road Scholar are not as long nor as appealing.

32 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oceania and Azamara tend to offer the fewest deals for solos of the lines I'm interested in.

HAL has quite a few cruises with reduced SS if you book insides or ocean views (which is fine with me).  Princess gives double cruise credits. Crystal often has generously reduced SS fares. 

sorry  but other than double cruise points  what do the other lines offer solo pax?

I have not gone solo but know people that have & they are  ok with Oceania

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

sorry  but other than double cruise points  what do the other lines offer solo pax?

I have not gone solo but know people that have & they are  ok with Oceania

Not quite sure what you are asking perhaps?  

I listed some of the lines where solos can often find a less than 200% fare when traveling solo (e.g., HAL, Crystal).  Cunard offers solo cabins and charges a less than 200% solo supplement on cabins except for the Grills. Seabourn also offers a 175% solo supplement normally.  Other mass market lines offer solo cabins (NCL, RCCL).

On Oceania and Azamara, the offers for solos that want to avoid a 200% supplement are slim.

HMM

I thought by your post they offered other things than just the lower SS rate

I see 50 sailings  on O  in the link I posted  with lower SS rates

Maybe not  where you want to go but  they do offer lower rates

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes, I have. Check and check.  

Not my first rodeo, although my first time with Oceania. :classic_wink:  I do wish they were a little more willing to offer incentives to solo travelers though. 

Not sure what cruise you are going on but there are many cruises with 150% single supplement I have a list but two many to type

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Not quite sure what you are asking perhaps?  

I listed some of the lines where solos can often find a less than 200% fare when traveling solo (e.g., HAL, Crystal).  Cunard offers solo cabins and charges a less than 200% solo supplement on cabins except for the Grills. Seabourn also offers a 175% solo supplement normally.  Other mass market lines offer solo cabins (NCL, RCCL).

On Oceania and Azamara, the offers for solos that want to avoid a 200% supplement are slim.

Oceania as LHT said has many 150% until near the end of next year..which is better than many cruise lines

Jancruz1