Classic Beverage Package - Can I buy just a couple of premium drinks?

KittyLiXX

72 days until the Silhouette ABC's  !! 

Please settle this for us... I thought I saw this written somewhere but can't find in a search. 

If I have a Classic Beverage package as a perk, but want a large martini or a shot of Patron ( I will) .... 

Can I just pay the difference for the upgraded drink ??   OR Do I have to upgrade to premium in order to get the premium drinks? 

Thanks in advance ... 

Elaine & Mark 

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Confirming the above.....yes. It will cost $4 plus 20% gratuity for the martini. Not sure how much the Patron is so can’t help you there.

@Purplsmurf is correct. But just to be clear, the 20% is on the price difference, so it would be $4 + $0.80 = $4.80 (not $4 + 20%x$13)

I'm pretty sure that was what they meant, but wanted to preempt a follow up. Hopefully I didn't make it LESS CLEAR 😞

• Like 1

Yes and if you want a coffee with Bailey’s in the MDR they will charge you $1+, or you can go to Al Bacio and get the Aspen Coffee which is Bailey’s, Kaluha, and Frangelico (and *delicious*!) for nothing extra since it’s $8. (At least on the Equinox).  Go figure. 

12 minutes ago, nadge said:

Hi  -  on topic of beverage package - can just 1 person in stateroom get a package, or do you have to buy a package for both ppl in stateroom ?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can get it for one person, but no sharing, obviously.

21 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

can just 1 person in stateroom get a package, or do you have to buy a package for both ppl in stateroom ?

If taken as a perk, both (or neither) must take the beverage package. If purchasing the package, you can buy individually.

Thanks all for the information, other cruise lines like HAL make you pay the whole price for any drink above the basic BP price limit not the difference. Also all adults in one cabin must buy the BP.  Celebrity is doing this right, but adding 20% gratuities to any drink seems excessive compared to other lines. One thing that I am not clear on, if you buy a drink that is in the CBP price are you charged a separate amount for the gratuity or is it included in the CBP? For example a $9 drink would have $1.80 gratuity.

We booked our first X cruise since 2008 last week and received the CBP as a perk. Our last few cruises were on HAL and their basic BP price limit was raised from $9 to $11 this year, but then they raised all of the wine by the glass and drinks prices to match the BP price. 

Having looked at sample bar menus it seems that Celebrity is very pricey on their drinks, We are booked next year on a Viking Ocean cruise and my favorite martini is Bombay Blue Sapphire and is only $7.95, on Celebrity it looks like this is a $13 drink at the martini bar. VO only charges 15% gratuity as well.

Edited by terrydtx

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

One thing that I am not clear on, if you buy a drink that is in the CBP price are you charged a separate amount for the gratuity or is it included in the CBP? For example a $9 drink would have $1.80 gratuity.

If you have the CBP then drinks that are within the package will not have any gratuity added when you order thyem, if you order something above the package limit then you will pay the difference and a gratuity on the difference only.

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

If you have the CBP then drinks that are within the package will not have any gratuity added when you order thyem, if you order something above the package limit then you will pay the difference and a gratuity on the difference only.

This is why I was confused when I read this disclaimer on the CBP description on the Celebrity web site:

"Includes drinks up to $9. A 20% service charge is added  to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%".

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

This is why I was confused when I read this disclaimer on the CBP description on the Celebrity web site:

"Includes drinks up to $9. A 20% service charge is added  to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%".

Yup, I can totally see why that would confuse people but rest assured that any drink you order that is included in the Classic Beverage Package will incur no additional charges. Only if you order a drink above the allowance will you be charged the difference +20%.