Wine Bottles Package

Rebels82

We will be on a 10 day Crown Princess Caribbean Cruise next week. I have done a search but it seems like the Wine Bottle Package does not have a current Thread.

1. What are the packages i.e. no. of bottles and price/package?

2. what wines are included in each package?

Thanks!

Our last two cruises over ten days. No wine package offered. Which is disappointing because it is not a bad deal.

I believe it is down to only gold package now 7/10//12 bottles. I am sure others will have more information or try search.

Here’s the info from the Royal in the Spring however on our just completed 28 day cruise on the Sky it was not available.  Very disappointing but being in the Med had options to bring good wine onboard & to pay corkage.  Princess has poorly managed the wine packages since inception & doesn’t promote it anywhere on their website & not much onboard.

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s the info from the Royal in the Spring however on our just completed 28 day cruise on the Sky it was not available.  Very disappointing but being in the Med had options to bring good wine onboard & to pay corkage.  Princess has poorly managed the wine packages since inception & doesn’t promote it anywhere on their website & not much onboard.

This is exactly what we were offered on the Emerald in Oct/Nov.....we took the 12 bottle option.

Also hoping that it will be offered on the Crown this winter season.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:32 PM, Astro Flyer said:

We've seen it on our sailings of 10 days or more and once on a seven night sailing.  However, you  do have to request it.  They don't seem to do a good job of advertising it and almost seem a little surprised when you ask to purchase it ... but they've come through for us in the end.   

Don't forget to add the 18% gratuity onto the package price, making the 12 bottle package just under $400, which is still a decent deal and you can pick out any bottle that is within the $45 limit.  If you choose a bottle that is over the limit, for instance, a bottle of wine listed at $55 a bottle, you will see the charge of $55 on your folio with a $45 deduction.  I am attaching a copy of the wine bottle menu from the dining room which was the same for our latest cruise in October.  I love the wines they offer on this list ... just wish they would offer these packages on all sailings, regardless of the length of the cruise.  

PS ... almost forgot to mention, you are able to get these bottles in the MDR or in the specialty restaurants (including Alfredos).  The specialty restaurants do tend to have a different menu than the one I posted but you could probably order off the MDR wine list if they aren't too busy.  You can also request to take a bottle or two (or more) from the dining areas to your room.  You cannot get a bottle of wine from Vines, during the pub lunch or any of the bars and probably not the buffet.  We tried at the latter three locations but we weren't able to get one of our bottles from the package.    

Wine-Menu Princess 2018.pdf

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We've seen it on our sailings of 10 days or more and once on a seven night sailing.   

Wine-Menu Princess 2018.pdf 604.53 kB · 12 downloads

Thanks for attaching the wine list!

We were able to order wines from the package in Adagio on the Crown in October.  We were limited to wines appearing on both their bar menu and the MDR list, and for consumption in Adagio. It wasn't possible to request this in Crooners, so perhaps it depends on the bar staff? I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. 

We're on CB soon,  will see if they will permit it there. 

1 hour ago, GeezLouise1 said:

Thanks for attaching the wine list!

We were able to order wines from the package in Adagio on the Crown in October.  We were limited to wines appearing on both their bar menu and the MDR list, and for consumption in Adagio. It wasn't possible to request this in Crooners, so perhaps it depends on the bar staff? I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. 

We're on CB soon,  will see if they will permit it there. 

Oh good .... glad to hear you were able to buy a bottle at Adagio.  We had a lot of trouble getting a bottle for the room at the buffet ... went to Alfredos and they were more than happy to help.  Every ship seems like they have their own policies when it comes to these packages.  Friends were able to use their beverage package for a bottle of wine on our last sailing ... charged it as 5 glasses of wine.  It just needed to be delivered to the MDR.  NICE!!!   

And yes, I always use that phrase ... 'it never hurts to ask'.  I follow it up with 'after all, they aren't going to hit you with a baseball bat just for asking'.  🙂  They haven't yet, anyway.