Celebrity cyber sale

dis2cruise

We're sailing on the 10.17.20 Summit repo cruise.  As one of the perks when we booked, we received the CBP.  Anyway, this week, the premium beverage package was on sale for $55.20 pp pd.  I callled to upgrade our beverage package to the premium, and still had to pay $12 p.p. p.d.

Upgrades are not discounted.  The drink packages are discounted if you are buying them for the first time, but if you received it as a perk, the upgrade is still charged as the full amount.  I just went round and round with both Celebrity and my TA about this yesterday.  I don't agree with their logic since the discounted pricing is $55.20/day for premium and $47.20/day for classic, but if I want to upgrade, it's $12/day, not $8! Huh???

I'm just annoyed I got this email yesterday basically implying it was the sale of the century on shore excursions, which would have been extremely well-received, since Alaska shore excursions are expensive. Then I click through, and for my Alaska cruise, there is exactly one single shore excursion that's on sale (and not a particularly good one). That's a joke!

5 hours ago, neminem said:

I'm just annoyed I got this email yesterday basically implying it was the sale of the century on shore excursions, which would have been extremely well-received, since Alaska shore excursions are expensive. Then I click through, and for my Alaska cruise, there is exactly one single shore excursion that's on sale (and not a particularly good one). That's a joke!

You may have already done this, but don't depend on the excursions being marked as on sale. Just because they aren't marked, it doesn't mean they haven't been reduced.