Flight seat booking

kevboy

Getting very panicky now. I am a very bad flyer and need tranquillisers before flights. I will need to book my seats very soon for caribbean cruise. It is essential that my wife and I are able to sit together. Given that the cruise personaliser is not not working ( not even directing to old personaliser) I don`t know how booking seats is possible. Have booked PE seats but since there are only 47 of them I am anxious that they dont all go earlier by some means. Would either P&O or my Agent ( Bolsover) be able to select seats for me. Can anyone advise me please? 

Thanks for reply. Have spoken to P&O already but they cannot help. They can book for me after the sale date. I assume that if the CP is still not working then everyone would be in the same situation so there could be very busy phone lines. I wondered what is happening presently? Surely those wanting to book seats now are in the same predicament. How are they booking their seats?

On 12/7/2019 at 9:49 AM, kevboy said:

Getting very panicky now. I am a very bad flyer and need tranquillisers before flights. I will need to book my seats very soon for caribbean cruise. It is essential that my wife and I are able to sit together. Given that the cruise personaliser is not not working ( not even directing to old personaliser) I don`t know how booking seats is possible. Have booked PE seats but since there are only 47 of them I am anxious that they dont all go earlier by some means. Would either P&O or my Agent ( Bolsover) be able to select seats for me. Can anyone advise me please? 

If you have paid your final invoice you can get the airline reference number from your TA or P&O then you can manage your booking on the airline website and pay to pick your own seats with them.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

If you have paid your final invoice you can get the airline reference number from your TA or P&O then you can manage your booking on the airline website and pay to pick your own seats with them.

In my experience you can't get the number until a few days before the flight if it is a charter, have tried this before to book extra luggage.

45 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

In my experience you can't get the number until a few days before the flight if it is a charter, have tried this before to book extra luggage.

I have got the airline locater number after final invoice has been paid to our TA on a few charters and paid to pre-book seats.

Once the TA has paid P&O and the airline the number is available.

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have got the airline locater number after final invoice has been paid to our TA on a few charters and paid to pre-book seats.

Once the TA has paid P&O and the airline the number is available.

Certainly worth a try then, but we have had no luck twice trying to get the locator number until a few days before departure, been told by P&O that it because it is a group booking and they only send the individual names to the airline a few days before, But worth as a go to try.

Edited by bee-ess

36 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Certainly worth a try then, but we have had no luck twice trying to get the locator number until a few days before departure, been told by P&O that it because it is a group booking and they only send the individual names to the airline a few days before, But worth as a go to try.

I have always booked through a TA (TC) and they have got the airline locator no problem.

Once you have paid your final invoice which includes the flight P&O should have the flight locator.

Good luck.

Edited by grapau27

On 12/7/2019 at 9:49 AM, kevboy said:

To Update.

Go to your cruise Personaliser and click on flights.

You will be given the opportunity to pre-book your seats £35pp as well as other flight extras.

We are on a TUI charter over 3 months time and just booked our seats,a lot of seats had already been taken.

Graham

The booking of flights seats should be available (emphasis on the 'should') according to P&O 14 weeks before departure, therefore, ours should be available this Friday, 20th December. Seeing the link to the flight seat booking web page has been showing the error '404 page not found' for weeks, we'll wait and see.

On 12/16/2019 at 12:22 PM, grapau27 said:

To Update.

Go to your cruise Personaliser and click on flights.

You will be given the opportunity to pre-book your seats £35pp as well as other flight extras.

We are on a TUI charter over 3 months time and just booked our seats,a lot of seats had already been taken.

Graham

If you don't mind me asking, what is your date of departure?

3 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Well lots of people were online at midnight last night to book seats for the 27th March. Got what we wanted and all Premium now gone apparently. £35 pp.

sorry are these for TUI flights to Barbados on the 27th March your discussing?