Sky Princess production show 5 Skies

GottaLuvCruising

Sky Princess cruisers regarding production show 5 Skies  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the new production show 5 Skies on the Sky Princess?

• Amazing talent, sets, production and I enjoyed the show very much.
    • Appreciate the hard work that went into the show, but I wasn't impressed.
    • WHO does Princess think their audience is? Gamers? Rap music? Hip hop? I really disliked the tedious narration, theming, dark sets, music.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2019 at 05:00 AM

Not impressed with show as a whole. Costumes were amazing, Acrobatics were good, but did they belong in this show?. Voices were quite adequate. In-between scenes vocal commentary in the computer type voice was extremely annoying. Scenery was thrust too far forward on the sides, not allowing for anyone on the sides or near sides to see the back of the stage, where some of the 'action' was taking place. Too many negatives for me to give it a passing grade.

Too bad, because the ONLY other production show in our 21 day cruise had me believing this crew has a lot of talent. Too bad they were not allowed to use their talent for our enjoyment.

Jim😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

Not impressed with show as a whole. Costumes were amazing, Acrobatics were good, but did they belong in this show?. Voices were quite adequate. In-between scenes vocal commentary in the computer type voice was extremely annoying. Scenery was thrust too far forward on the sides, not allowing for anyone on the sides or near sides to see the back of the stage, where some of the 'action' was taking place. Too many negatives for me to give it a passing grade.

Too bad, because the ONLY other production show in our 21 day cruise had me believing this crew has a lot of talent. Too bad they were not allowed to use their talent for our enjoyment.

Jim😎

We are on the same page.  

I voted already, (loved it, the production value, music, etc)  but just to stir things up - I was bored to tears with Rock Opera. 

Plenty of talent, yes, but if I want to watch a bunch of people standing on a stage singing, I can stay home and watch American Idol, or one of those talent shows on TV. 

Could not even stay till the end, and I was not the first, or only one,  to leave. 

5 Skies, on the other hand, had people mesmerized. I sat toward the back, and did not see anyone leave during the show. 

Before the show, a woman sitting in front of me offered that she had been on the previous cruise, and was seeing it again, she loved it so much. 

Perhaps the Cruise Critic gang is not the exact audience Princess has in mind with this sort of production show.

Kudos to Princess, as Celebrity has already gone to this sort of updated, improved, and more edgy entertainment.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I voted already, (loved it, the production value, music, etc)  but just to stir things up - I was bored to tears with Rock Opera. 

Plenty of talent, yes, but if I want to watch a bunch of people standing on a stage singing, I can stay home and watch American Idol, or one of those talent shows on TV. 

Could not even stay till the end, and I was not the first, or only one,  to leave. 

5 Skies, on the other hand, had people mesmerized. I sat toward the back, and did not see anyone leave during the show. 

Before the show, a woman sitting in front of me offered that she had been on the previous cruise, and was seeing it again, she loved it so much. 

Perhaps the Cruise Critic gang is not the exact audience Princess has in mind with this sort of production show.

Kudos to Princess, as Celebrity has already gone to this sort of updated, improved, and more edgy entertainment.   

We, too, were bored with Rock Opera and won't see it again, but still thought it was much better than 5 Skies.  Princess has many production shows we have enjoyed very much and now I will definitely inquire about entertainment prior to booking.  This was our 50th cruise on six different lines; Sky Princess entertainment may very well send us back to Royal Caribbean.

I missed the stage full of dancers, wonderful choreography, fun costumes and upbeat themes most Princess productions offer.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

We went because someone part

of the production cast invited us. Then another, not part of production, said we should see it. We are planning to certainly see it again in June. We would like to be towards the middle next time versus on the side just to see better. 

Edited by phred119s

9 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It’s now moved to 55% liking it. 

Right now it's exactly 50 / 50.  I hope more folks who've seen it will vote.  It's interesting that some folks did enjoy it as our group of eight were united in our disappointment.  

I hope we can find future Princess cruises offering the big dance productions with upbeat music and costumes we love so much.  Now I know to check on entertainment before booking.  In April we did Hawaii on the Grand; production shows and the party band were awesome!  

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm of the loved it crowd, as was my DH.  But then again, I have not really enjoyed a lot of the prior production shows and typically have not gone to many.  There has always been some we have enjoyed, but these new shows were more up our alley.  Really liked the music in Rock Opera, have enjoyed that show as well.  Truly enjoyed the 5 skies, liked all the different action from the aerialist to varied music.  While we were basically front and center for shows, so we did not have any hindrance to our viewing.  

Very excited that Princess is putting back a crooners bar on the newer ships, we always found good entertainment there, if we were not interested in a show.  We have never found a lack of enjoyable activities on a ship yet.

• Like 1