Promenade deck sitting and chairs, Rotterdam

vmom

5 hours ago, MAVIP said:

And once in a while you have to take care of chairhogs or wait a little till a chair is available, but so is life.  

One time I was approaching the first lounger, but two women were ahead of me. I watched each of them dropp their 'stuff' on the first two loungers, and hardly breaking stride continued on to take a walk. 
Since walking was so painful for me, even walking to the third lounger was too much. So, I took the things off the first lounger and moved it over. 

If you're going to claim a chair, sit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuthC said:

One time I was approaching the first lounger, but two women were ahead of me. I watched each of them dropp their 'stuff' on the first two loungers, and hardly breaking stride continued on to take a walk. 
Since walking was so painful for me, even walking to the third lounger was too much. So, I took the things off the first lounger and moved it over. 

If you're going to claim a chair, sit. 

Twice I removed books etc after waiting/watching from my cabin for more than an hour for returning passengers. Hours later in both cases, passengers reacted "not thankfull" to say the least.

18 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Twice I removed books etc after waiting/watching from my cabin for more than an hour for returning passengers. Hours later in both cases, passengers reacted "not thankfull" to say the least.

Too bad about 'em. 😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, catl331 said:

What do you mean by A deck? Main, one below Lower Prom?

Guessing Dog Drool is talking about an S-class ship. There is a passenger deck below Main on those ships (as well as on the R-class ships). 

10 minutes ago, Dog Drool said:

yes 2 decks below the walkway  Small unused area with about 5 loungers.  Not sure if I got to it from A deck or the main and then going down the stairs.

You must be confusing the R-class Rotterdam with an S-class which has an A deck. On the Rotterdam two decks down from the "walkway" is the Dolphin deck. I don't believe the stern Dolphin deck area is accessible by passengers, and there are no stairs down from the Main deck.

Edited by catl331

11 minutes ago, catl331 said:

You must be confusing the R-class Rotterdam with an S-class which has an A deck. On the Rotterdam two decks down from the "walkway" is the Dolphin deck. I don't believe the stern Dolphin deck area is accessible by passengers, and there are no stairs down from the Main deck.

Might be  I get deck names confused  

2 hours ago, Dog Drool said:

Might be  I get deck names confused  

The deck below Main deck on m.s. Rotterdam is Dolphin deck.   See my earlier post:  On Main deck aft you will find loungers.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, Krazy Kruizers said:

Yes there are 2 loungers reserved for each Lanai cabin.

There will be a few that are not reserved that you can sit on.  There are little metal plates on the reserved ones.

We just got off the Rotterdam after 46 days.   There are about 20 chairs on each side of the ship that are available for anyone to use.  From what I observed on my walking the deck on sea days there was no problem getting the available chairs.The Lani cabins have 2 chairs and they have a different color padding and are marked reserved.  

I would also suggest that if you are doing the canal that there is a little know forward deck, I think it is 6 that you can go out front and see the entire front of the ship and go side to side.  This is where I go for viewing coming into ports.  You get to it from the port side hall - go all the way forward - turn left - go through 2 doors and then right and you are on the deck.  Great place to view coming and going to ports.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

We just got off the Rotterdam after 46 days.   There are about 20 chairs on each side of the ship that are available for anyone to use.  From what I observed on my walking the deck on sea days there was no problem getting the available chairs.The Lani cabins have 2 chairs and they have a different color padding and are marked reserved.  

I would also suggest that if you are doing the canal that there is a little know forward deck, I think it is 6 that you can go out front and see the entire front of the ship and go side to side.  This is where I go for viewing coming into ports.  You get to it from the port side hall - go all the way forward - turn left - go through 2 doors and then right and you are on the deck.  Great place to view coming and going to ports.

great tip! Thanks.  Is this forward viewing area open frequently or only during scenic sailing?

11 hours ago, vmom said:

Is this forward viewing area open frequently or only during scenic sailing?

I've never been on the Rotterdam, but on sister-ship Amsterdam you could go out anytime. It was very windy when the ship was underway at normal cruise speed!  Also, there was a set of stairs to the left as you went out that led up past the bridge wing to a public forward deck out in front of the Fitness Center on the Lido deck. That area could be accessed from doors in the Fitness center as well.

Untitled.jpg.15ca6f7abe027d43a305ff161ad29ee3.jpg

12 hours ago, vmom said:

great tip! Thanks.  Is this forward viewing area open frequently or only during scenic sailing?

It is open all the time.  There is also a smaller area in front of the gym that are open at all times except when they have the gym closed off.