Drinks Menu QM2

capegirl

We are sailing TA on QM2 next year.  We are considering the drinks package, however has anyone got a copy of the drinks package menu for the Commodore Club or where I would find it online.  We are debating whether its worth the cost of a package.

It's been well discussed here a few times.

The general consensus is that it is not a particularly good deal for several reasons,

All cabin occupants have to buy it and it is limited to a maximum purchase of $12 and it must be single or small measures with no more than four drinks per hour.

Many cocktails are a few cents over the limit.

Some large glasses of wine are below the limit but you can't have them.

Just buy as you go.

4 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

It's been well discussed here a few times.

The general consensus is that it is not a particularly good deal for several reasons,

All cabin occupants have to buy it and it is limited to a maximum purchase of $12 and it must be single or small measures with no more than four drinks per hour.

Many cocktails are a few cents over the limit.

Some large glasses of wine are below the limit but you can't have them.

Just buy as you go.

Surely not all, if the third and fourth are children?

Still, I certainly agree that you need to drink a lot of small glasses to make it worthwhile.

It is interesting that if you look on the Cunard UK website FAQs under "How much are the drinks on board ?" then all the drinks lists have no prices. For example :

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/life-on-board/drinks-packages/Queen Elizabeth and Victoria Golden Lion.pdf

We have just had this discussion on the QM2 and I’m tempted but only if we can mix the premium soft drinks at $29 and the booze package at $69 as I’m happy not drinking most of the time, We don’t drink $100 of drinks per day, but if they were on tap I would have more coffee and sodas with me paying for the occasional pint in the evening.which may make it better value.

The Premium drinks package at $69 per day which included service charge, allowed unlimited premium soft drinks, in Cans and bottles together with Teaforte Teas and Illy Coffees and small water everything except The Godiva Chocolate drink for some reason from all outlets. I Found that you were allowed 2oz measures,. Being Cunard and adult I am sure that no count was kept with regards to the quantity consumed.  When you think that a large Whisky or a large  bottle of Beer with a dash is nearly $10 then It is worth while together with the unlimited soft drinks available.  Gin and Fever tree etc. 

• Like 1