First MSC cruise drink package question

riredsox

Hi,  I am booked on my first MSC cruise and can’t find an answer about the drink packages.  We are booked in the YC on the Seaside next September.  It comes with the premium package but I do like champagne and nice wine with dinner.  The way I read it (no straight answer from MSC) champagne by the glass is only available on the premium plus.  I have been on 50 cruises but have wanted to try Seaside and this is my Christmas present from my husband.  We usually book all Celebrity but am so looking forward to something new and different!  Thanks in advance. 

Hi riredsox,

I have cruised MSC a few times however not in YC however my understanding in in YC you have access to anything in the YC bar which includes champagne by the glass. Outside of YC on the rest of the ship you have the equivilent of the premium drink package which includes drinks up to $12 (wine and champagne by the glass up to $12 is included)

I would upgrade drink package we did this last week on seaside. Very nice choice for regular drinks with free premium that YC gets but not for wine. If you upgrade for 17 a day per person you can order any drink on the ship by the glass. They do have a nice champagne bar with lots of choices some up to 30 a glass that will be included. I was a little disappointed in choices for red and white wines no real high end but much better than premium, we drank mostly Franciscan Napa Cabernet, in a few cases they tried to give us a Robert Mondavi that sell for about 8 a bottle and said it was a Napa wine I had to correct them and asked for sommelier. Also some really excellent scotch and cognac is included like Johnny Walker blue. 

42 minutes ago, riredsox said:

Hi,  I am booked on my first MSC cruise and can’t find an answer about the drink packages.  We are booked in the YC on the Seaside next September.  It comes with the premium package but I do like champagne and nice wine with dinner.  The way I read it (no straight answer from MSC) champagne by the glass is only available on the premium plus.  I have been on 50 cruises but have wanted to try Seaside and this is my Christmas present from my husband.  We usually book all Celebrity but am so looking forward to something new and different!  Thanks in advance. 

We were Celebrity groupies until three years ago. The cutbacks and rising pricing made it not worth our hard earned dollars, then we found the YC on the MSC Seaside. There is nothing like it that we've ever encountered. It's to the stage, it's YC or nothing.

We aren't wine or champagne experts but what we had in the Top Sail Lounge more than met our expectations.

1 hour ago, George C said:

I would upgrade drink package we did this last week on seaside. Very nice choice for regular drinks with free premium that YC gets but not for wine. If you upgrade for 17 a day per person you can order any drink on the ship by the glass. They do have a nice champagne bar with lots of choices some up to 30 a glass that will be included. I was a little disappointed in choices for red and white wines no real high end but much better than premium, we drank mostly Franciscan Napa Cabernet, in a few cases they tried to give us a Robert Mondavi that sell for about 8 a bottle and said it was a Napa wine I had to correct them and asked for sommelier. Also some really excellent scotch and cognac is included like Johnny Walker blue. 

Upgrade it is!  I have recently started drinking scotch, bourbon and rye so this and the champagne bar decides it for me!  Thank you so much.  Jill

All the bartenders were good , main one at champagne bar was great he would start poring when he saw us and convince us to take one for the road when leaving, bar staff in YC also was great and had some good champagne but not the variety as champagne bar. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I'd seen this thread before I started one.

Sounds like we'll probably do the upgrade.  When we sailed in YC on Seaside in January, we were really happy with what was offered.  Our next cruise happens to be the week of my birthday.  Not planned that way, it just happened to be a good week for both my husband and I.  Anyway, Happy Birthday to me!  I do enjoy drinking bubbly, so might as well treat ourselves.  🙂