When is Spring Break in your area?

annbanan

I'm just taking an unoffical poll.

March 19th is when my cruise is planned and I was wonderning if that is a popular week for schools to be on spring break.

Last year I cruised during Easter week and there were lots of kids. In my area of SW Florida March 19th is spring break.

The week of March 20th is my Spring Break. I cruised on the HAL Oosterdam during New Year's and was seriously considering taking another cruise on my "Spring Break." My conflict is that every year I go to a job related conference in Los Angeles. Every year I've gone to the conference, my Spring Break is the week after. This year the conference is the week of Spring Break. I'm trying to decide if I should to the conference or go on the cruise. Any suggestions? ;)

Many schools take their Spring Break in March or April so it's just "the luck of the draw."

I'm just taking an unoffical poll. I was wonderning if that is a popular week for schools to be on spring break.

Last year I cruised during Easter week and there were lots of kids. In my area of SW Florida March 19th is spring break.

Thanks. Now I know what to expect, or at least potentially! No misbehaving college kids will be on Hal, will they? ha

The spring breaks that worry me are the school children's holiday week (ages 5 to 18). You don't happen to have that by state, do you? Thanks.

Basically Spring Breaks start at the end of February and go through about the 3rd week of April. There is no one set week for Spring Break. I know in our area they range from the 3rd week of March to the 2nd week of April (different school districts).

I'm just taking an unoffical poll.

March 19th is when my cruise is planned and I was wonderning if that is a popular week for schools to be on spring break.

Spring break is different all around the country. It is hard to tell how many schools will be closed.

A couple of years ago, I got last minute deal to die for. :) It was a Panama Canal 10 day cruise that took place over Easter. I was worried there would be a high number of kids on board, but there were only a handful. You would never know it was Easter.

My Aunt sailed the same time on the Westerdam but it was a 7 day cruise. She and my cousins said it was the cruise from hell. There were a couple hundred kids on board. The pool had to be closed because of deposits being made :eek:, elevator problems, etc. She said she would never take a 7 day cruise over Easter or Spring break.

In NJ, it is the LAST week of April, believe it or not. And we can't find a 7 day HAL cruise to go on since the ships are headed on longer itineraries by then to get to Alaska in time for May. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

In NJ, it is the LAST week of April, believe it or not. And we can't find a 7 day HAL cruise to go on since the ships are headed on longer itineraries by then to get to Alaska in time for May. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

Yes, late April and early May are repositioning times, making it tough to find a 7 day cruise. I don't know the age of your kids, so I don't know if 4/23 on the Celebrity Zenith from Bayonne to Bermuda will appeal to your family. Last weekend the discounters were practically giving this cruise away. We booked the 5/13 sailing on Monday.

Otherwise you may be stuck with (shudder!) NCL or Carnival.

I am so glad that you mentioned that one because we are booked on it for 4/22. But I was so nervous about it because I have read some very negative reviews about it. We have been on Celebrity but then switched to HAL for our last 4 cruises. We have loved Rotterdman and Zuiderdam the best. Leaving from Bayonne is an incredible plus but the condition of the ship has me anxious. Have you been on it lately? What do you hear about it? Any advice is welcome.

I am so glad that you mentioned that one because we are booked on it for 4/22. But I was so nervous about it because I have read some very negative reviews about it. We have been on Celebrity but then switched to HAL for our last 4 cruises. We have loved Rotterdman and Zuiderdam the best. Leaving from Bayonne is an incredible plus but the condition of the ship has me anxious. Have you been on it lately? What do you hear about it? Any advice is welcome.

There's a lot of discussion about the Zenith (yes, it's 4/22, not 23) on the Celebrity board, so we'd suggest looking there. Obviously the posts there didn't scare us. Reading between the lines, no glitz, but a well maintained, comfortable ship. Nothing to cause you to cancel. The rooms on the Zenith are smaller than on HAL, but they should be OK. Stick with your cruise: the alternative is to fly somewhere to cruise on Carnival, NCL, or Princess. Far better to roll out of bed and drive to Bayonne.

Archived