What's the latest that a trip report should be posted?

RoonilWazlib

I tend to spend tons of time on Cruise Critic in the months before I'm scheduled to sale, and then I leave it until I book the next one, sometimes with years in between. Getting ready for our cruise in April, I'm really enjoying the trip reports that people are posting, and would love to write one of my own (have tried previously, but never finished one). However our last cruise was January 2017 (around New Zealand). Is that too late to post? I took lots of photos and a journal of notes I can reference. Would people still be interested in the photos and write-up, or would the info be too out of date? 

Any comments on the ship, the service, the crew, etc. would clearly be outdated and of little benefit to readers almost three years after the fact. On the other hand, I always enjoy good quality photo coverage of a cruise. By that, I mean of the places visited, as I'm not really interested in shots of the pool deck or of the dessert you had one night. Give it a try, see what type of comments you receive, and consider it a practise run for the review you'll do this coming April!

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Any comments on the ship, the service, the crew, etc. would clearly be outdated and of little benefit to readers almost three years after the fact. On the other hand, I always enjoy good quality photo coverage of a cruise. By that, I mean of the places visited, as I'm not really interested in shots of the pool deck or of the dessert you had one night. Give it a try, see what type of comments you receive, and consider it a practise run for the review you'll do this coming April!

I think you've convinced me! 🙂 Thanks!

5 hours ago, RoonilWazlib said:

I tend to spend tons of time on Cruise Critic in the months before I'm scheduled to sale, and then I leave it until I book the next one, sometimes with years in between. Getting ready for our cruise in April, I'm really enjoying the trip reports that people are posting, and would love to write one of my own (have tried previously, but never finished one). However our last cruise was January 2017 (around New Zealand). Is that too late to post? I took lots of photos and a journal of notes I can reference. Would people still be interested in the photos and write-up, or would the info be too out of date? 

I can't speak for others, but since I am planning a cruise to that part of the world I wouldn't mind reading about your experiences in ports and on excursions.

• Like 2