choosing seats with Air2Sea on Air New Zealand

Rondo

We would like to use Air2Sea for one-way tickets from Sydney to Iowa with Air New Zealand  in Nov. 2020. We will book Premium Economy. Will we get to choose our seats when we book? I thought I had read somewhere on these boards that with Air New Zealand you didn’t get to pick your seats. Did I recall that correctly? Does anyone have any experience with Air2Sea and Air NewZealand?

Shirley

6 minutes ago, Rondo said:

We would like to use Air2Sea for one-way tickets from Sydney to Iowa with Air New Zealand  in Nov. 2020. We will book Premium Economy. Will we get to choose our seats when we book? I thought I had read somewhere on these boards that with Air New Zealand you didn’t get to pick your seats. Did I recall that correctly? Does anyone have any experience with Air2Sea and Air NewZealand?

Shirley

We booked Air New Zealand from LAX to Auckland, direct with Air New Zealand.  It was the same price as Air2Sea.  Got to pick our seats.  If you book with Air2Sea, you might not have to pay until your cruise final payment.  In that case, they might not let you select your seats since you won't have a paid ticket.  

It happened to us when we booked Air2Sea on Swiss Air to Europe.  Swiss Air wouldn't let us book seats until we were ticketed (paid).  🍷

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Shirley

It also would not hurt to ask the Air2Sea agent to confirm that you will be able to choose your seats.

• Thanks 1

Booking directly with Air New Zealand is over $300 more than Air2Sea, so Air2Sea is a good price at this time. We have no problem paying in full right now with Air2Sea. If we pay in full right away will they go ahead and ticket us so we can choose our seats or will they wait until final payment date? 

Thanks for the quick response!

1 minute ago, Rondo said:

Booking directly with Air New Zealand is over $300 more than Air2Sea, so Air2Sea is a good price at this time. We have no problem paying in full right now with Air2Sea. If we pay in full right away will they go ahead and ticket us so we can choose our seats or will they wait until final payment date? 

Thanks for the quick response!

That is another question to ask the Air2Sea people.  You never know what kind of tickets they are buying from the airlines, and some types of tickets may have restrictions.  One time we had the airline's confirmation number but could not choose seats.  Called the airline and they said the tickets had not been purchased.  Had to call ChoiceAr (old name for Air2Aea) and get them to purchase tckets.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It also would not hurt to ask the Air2Sea agent to confirm that you will be able to choose your seats.

I will do that if we book through them. Is calling them as easy as making those reservations online?  

4 minutes ago, Rondo said:

I will do that if we book through them. Is calling them as easy as making those reservations online?  

Yes, we had a confirmation for AA, but could not choose seats. Called A2S and they gave us the seats we wanted.  I will add that this was about 60 days before I had to pay for them. Bob was the one who suggested I break down and call A2S

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, Rondo said:

I've found it very easy to deal with then on the phone.  They have been able to change connections for me several times, when the website did not even show alternate options.  With no change in price.

hmmmm...I’m thinking that booking with Air New Zealand directly will be worth the extra money. For such a long flight I want to make sure I get the seats we want.  ANZ is actually quite a bit less expensive than we anticipated, so we’re still saving in our minds. 

Thanks for the quick replies!

• Like 1

It seems that most people I have spoken to at the choiceair site don't have the best information and have quite often made errors in their answers. Be very careful and double check your questions. Once you buy your tickets you don't want to be stuck with tickets that don't suit your needs.