Embarcation Times are really odd....

Nashna

Just got our cruise documents e-mailed to us and it has the strangest embarkation times...

Embarkation Date 01/12/2020 Your check-in opens* 16:15 Miami, Florida Your check-in closes 17:00 Disembarkation Date 01/17/2020 Disembarkation starts at** 07:00

*Please do not arrive for check-in before the time indicated in the field: "Your check-in opens" **When planning your returns individually, please consider that disembarkation might take up to 2-3h due to oper

This must be an error as the timing would not follow the US Government guidelines.  Has anyone seen this type of arrival instruction?

I envy you being able to enjoy Miami a bit longer before heading for the ship! On the other hand, you need someplace to secure your luggage after hotel checkout. From what I've read in the posts, MSC accepts your luggage well before your scheduled checkin time. Off topic from your question, but it's strange that you received your cruise documents more than three weeks in advance. On the MSC website just now, it says "Your cruise does not depart within 20 days" is the only thing preventing me from retrieving my cruise documents for January 17 departure. Same for my last three MSC cruises.

2 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

From what I've read in the posts, MSC accepts your luggage well before your scheduled checkin time.

With our last two MSC cruises the luggage area and the check in area had not too much in common. One time the luggage drop off was at the port entrance (tent) and the other time inside the port but at a different building. But indeed it is possible to drop off the luggage very early in the morning hours before embarkation starts, then do your fair share of sightseeing and come back in the afternoon. Certainly this is not a guarantee that it works this way in every port. 

Edited by perakcruiser

9 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I envy you being able to enjoy Miami a bit longer before heading for the ship! On the other hand, you need someplace to secure your luggage after hotel checkout. From what I've read in the posts, MSC accepts your luggage well before your scheduled checkin time. Off topic from your question, but it's strange that you received your cruise documents more than three weeks in advance. On the MSC website just now, it says "Your cruise does not depart within 20 days" is the only thing preventing me from retrieving my cruise documents for January 17 departure. Same for my last three MSC cruises.

We are also on the January 17th Divina sailing as we are doing a B2B.  We still can't issue our January 17th documents.  Are you on our roll call?  The January 17th Divina roll call has lots of great information on a great spread sheet.

4 hours ago, skings said:

My documents were emailed to me immediately after full payment. Cruise date is 4/12/2020. MSC gave me the option

to print now! I too thought would need to wait for the 20 day window.☺️

We had the same experience with the docs for our upcoming Meraviglia cruise. 

Yes, it is 7:00pm.   We need to check out of our hotel by 11:00am.  I have been to Miami at least 10 or 12 times and have no interest in seeing it again.  We are arriving a day earlier and planned to have a nice dinner and then head to the ship after we check out of the hotel.  I think we will take others advice and just show up at 11:00am.

That's what I thought, jdvmd.  We have decided to go at the time we had planned.  If we are unable to board in the morning, then hopefully, we can leave our luggage and go to Bayside for lunch.  We are in Aurea class and have priority boarding, so if MSC is boarding at 11:00am , we will be ok.