Balcony size question

Kosh III

We've never been on Princess but considering it due to a great sale.  Enchanted Princess, still being built. 
We spend much time on the balcony. 
We have found that Carnival balconies at 35sqft are cramped for us, not enough room to stretch our legs out completely forward. We have been for the past 5 cruises on Celebrity or Royal in the large "hump" balcony.

Anyone  know how newer Princess balconies compare?  Category BB or BC.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Kosh III said:

We've never been on Princess but considering it due to a great sale.  Enchanted Princess, still being built. 
We spend much time on the balcony. 
We have found that Carnival balconies at 35sqft are cramped for us, not enough room to stretch our legs out completely forward. We have been for the past 5 cruises on Celebrity or Royal in the large "hump" balcony.

Anyone  know how newer Princess balconies compare?  Category BB or BC.

Thanks

The Royal Class ships regular balcony cabins balconies are the smallest at about 40 sq ft so bring knee pads.

We were just on the Sky Princess, Baja deck (deck 11) with a balcony.  The balcony is the same size as the Regal.  They are big enough for two chairs without  footrests and a small round table.  I did notice the balconies beneath us were deeper and did have footrests, but no overhang.  If you travel with family/friends the cabin steward can take down the balcony divider, so you have one longer balcony to share with your next door neighbor.  Not sure if that applies to all cabins/balconies, but it did for ours and our friend's in the cabin next door which was nice.

52 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Some of the ones midship are a lot larger ... you can tell from the deck plans as they jut out in a peak. They have enough room to spread out a bit.  

Thanks. Those are more than we want to pay. 

• Like 1

As others have said, the vast majority of cabins on the Royal Class ships are tiny. However, the Majestic, Sky and Enchanted were redesigned so that some Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin deck have very large balconies. We were just in one of these cabins in the Sky Princess and loved it.  Here is a recent post I made about it in another thread, with a link to an additional post I made about the cabin (with pictures) in the "cabin review" thread.  Click where is says "5:00_Somewhere replied to a topic" and it will take you right to my post.  I hope this helps:

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere