De Palm Island

Grenouille21

• 1 month later...

We were their twice years ago. We had a good time each day. Yes it can get a bit crowded. Food and drink were okay. There are little bay areas to swim. The breezes were beautiful. Would I go there again.? Probably not but definitely enjoyed it.

• Like 1

We went exactly a year ago.  It was okay.  It was not packed with people at all when we were there.  It was windy so churned up the water big time.  The booze was typically strong premade  drinks.  We thought the food was quite good.

people friendly that worked there. Not sure if we would go again...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We've been there twice and had a great time each time (we love to snorkel). 

I have reviews with pictures if you are interested. First time there click HERE

next time click HERE

I believe they have updated their water park though since I was there and they also have flamingo's at their beach now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello yall, we are thinking of heading to the palm island on our stop in Aruba and we are very interested in the Sea Trek (Underwater helmet walk) they offer. Did anyone previously get the chance to do this activity? How long was the activity? Or should we do the Snuba experience? 

My thoughts are BOTH! 

We did the SeaTrek and it was a lot of fun. We do these everywhere we go and I have to say that Aruba is the best one! They have things for you to interact with down there and they take your pictures. It was so much fun. You can check out my review CLICK HERE and there's pictures of us down there (middle of the page) 

As for the snuba...again...AMAZING!!! We always do Discover Scuba everywhere we go and decided to try this out. We had a blast and the reef doesn't get much better than this! It was really really good and we do this a lot so that's saying a lot. We just did this last month so I don't have my review up for it yet. 

Give them both a try. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

My thoughts are BOTH! 

We did the SeaTrek and it was a lot of fun. We do these everywhere we go and I have to say that Aruba is the best one! They have things for you to interact with down there and they take your pictures. It was so much fun. You can check out my review CLICK HERE and there's pictures of us down there (middle of the page) 

As for the snuba...again...AMAZING!!! We always do Discover Scuba everywhere we go and decided to try this out. We had a blast and the reef doesn't get much better than this! It was really really good and we do this a lot so that's saying a lot. We just did this last month so I don't have my review up for it yet. 

Give them both a try. 

Thanks for the information. We will have enough time on the island. So, we will look into both of  these activities. The Snuba also seems like a good fit for us, seeing that we have never tried scuba diving before and this could be a nice way to dive into the scuba world. Thanks again!

On 8/26/2021 at 3:07 PM, Beach feels said:

Thanks for the information. We will have enough time on the island. So, we will look into both of  these activities. The Snuba also seems like a good fit for us, seeing that we have never tried scuba diving before and this could be a nice way to dive into the scuba world. Thanks again!

You are very welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay! (BTW, there are flamingos at the beach at DePalm now too).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2021 at 3:17 PM, mitsugirly said:

We've been there twice and had a great time each time (we love to snorkel). 

I have reviews with pictures if you are interested. First time there click HERE

next time click HERE

I believe they have updated their water park though since I was there and they also have flamingo's at their beach now.

Love your reviews! We're planning on doing this in December on our Norwegian Dawn cruise. We were wondering if anyone has been post-COVID. 

25 minutes ago, moposh said:

I signed up for the De Palm Island with Snuba excursion.  Looks good. 

@mitsugirly enjoyed your photos/videos/reviews.  How much were the pictures from the Helmet excursion?  I'm sure they won't allow a camera on Snuba either.

You're gonna love it. That reef is amazing!

The pictures from the snuba were $35 and he took a total of 83 pictures for us. Shhh...he did allow us to take our camera's but he said normally they don't allow it but since we were "experienced" he said he was looking the other way and didn't see us take them in there. LOL

When we went on the Helmet dive, they did not allow cameras that time. "For safety reasons" which I can't even imagine. We had an AWESOME time doing the helmet dive. We now do them whenever we are anywhere that has one. They are so much fun and this one in Aruba has been the best so far! They let you interact with things under the water like a table with drinks and you get in a jeep and act like you are riding. It's super cool under there. I don't remember the price of the pictures that time but imagine it was probably about the same as snuba. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, moposh said:

@mitsugirly  I was going to do Helmet, but the excursion is full.  Fortunately, they also offered the Snuba.  I've never done that before.  I'm also looking forward to snorkeling.

Aww that's too bad they didn't have an opening for Helmet but you will have a great time with snuba. Have a good time!  🙂 

• Like 1