How many outfits

coolio111

Here's something for the entertainment of the ladies.

https://vintagedancer.com/1900s/titanic-fashion-1st-class-women/

"Women would be changing clothes at least four times a day according to social conventions, and the multiple layers of underwear included meant that many first class ladies took a lady’s maid with them on the voyage. An example of the average day would be going to breakfast in a tailored suit, wearing a “tea gown” for tea (the less-affluent wore a summer frock), and wearing a different dinner dress for each night."

compared to the discussion in this thread, nothing has changed much.  Women are still changing clothes several times a day.  BTW, some nice pictures in this thread.  I did find one picture of a woman using an exercise bike on the Titanic in a large hat.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, clo said:

Nor I. I wear solid color 'bottoms' pretty much 100% of the time. So anything goes with those.

Come on, make a statement.  Bell bottoms with bold stripes and paisley tops.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

We are planning a 16 day vacation to Alaska this summer. 7 day before to Denali, 7 day cruise plus 2 days afterwards. So the length, weather and fact that we're flying and trying to avoid the extra baggage charges complicates things tremendously! We were lucky enough to find an AirBNB that has washer/dryer the night before the cruise so I can wash up everything from Denali to repack for the cruise. I would say that the things to consider are your favorite activities and how fashion-conscious you are. I don't like to wear the same thing twice if I can avoid it, but my mom (who is also going) plans to wear the same couple of outfits for dinner every night. For us, we're hikers and our port days will involve getting out in the wilderness (possibly getting muddy), so I'm planning a casual set for each day (9 short sleeve shirts and 9 long pants in my case), a dressy dinner option because we enjoy the MDR every night (2 formal gowns, black skirt, black slacks and 5 dressy tops). If you're planning to eat at the buffet, you might not need as many dressy items. Layers like rain jackets, cardigans, sweatshirts, etc. The rain jacket and light weight cardigan are good ideas even in the Caribbean. Our last cruise, the MDR and theater were freezing so I used one every night and the day we were in Grand Cayman, it poured. Plus I work out each day so I'll have a couple of work out outfits. And a swimsuit/cover up for the hot tubs. On our last cruise, it wasn't unusual for me to change 4 -5 times. 1. work out clothes 2. casual outfit for excursion 3. swimsuit 4. dinner attire. 5. evening activities

On 12/24/2019 at 5:20 PM, Mullwi said:

My husband and I have been cruising for 30 years and always go home with lots of clean clothes.  every time we say we are going to pack lighter next time and never seem to.  your post has me committed to trying to do that for our 2/1 cruise! If you have room and don’t exceed airline weight limits, I still think better to over than under pack🙂.

Same here