Comfy chair in Balcony Cabin

Travelmadoldie

3 hours ago, pms4104 said:

While this letter is polite and seemingly accommodating ... it's ludicrous that Princess is even suggesting that pax shop the ship to furnish their cabin ... picture this:  oh, that settee would be wonderful in our cabin and, that lovely table would be perfect ... it's a cruise vacation, not an outing to IKEA

I think it's an hysterical suggestion. I can't believe they put it in writing.  "Oh Stewart can you fetch me the  fan back chair I saw in the Piazza"? "The brocade fabric not the chintz."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think it's an hysterical suggestion. I can't believe they put it in writing.  "Oh Stewart can you fetch me the  fan back chair I saw in the Piazza"? "The brocade fabric not the chintz."

On the surface it does seem a little ridiculous, but it does show that Princess will really try to accommodate their passengers. We do not want the barrel chair, but I have asked on a couple cruises if barrel chairs were available. Both times we were told yes.

If you want a chair I hope you can get it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

On the surface it does seem a little ridiculous, but it does show that Princess will really try to accommodate their passengers. We do not want the barrel chair, but I have asked on a couple cruises if barrel chairs were available. Both times we were told yes.

I have no need for a chair but I know that there are those who really need them. I'm on the verge of a hip replacement and I should sit when putting on my pants. I just can't bring myself to do it. I stand and try not to fall when putting weight on my bad leg. There are others who have bad back and sitting on the bed wouldn't be comfortable for them. There is no reason why they can't have an extra chair in the room.

Edited by Iamcruzin

17 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

Really?  They took them out of the cabin in the first place so now they will deplete all public spaces of furniture throughout the ship and move all these chairs into passenger cabins?

Come on! Get a grip!  😂

This is total Bunk.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Really?  They took them out of the cabin in the first place so now they will deplete all public spaces of furniture throughout the ship and move all these chairs into passenger cabins?

Come on! Get a grip!  😂

This is total Bunk.  

Yep they screwed up and now they are backpedaling. Not to mention the extra stress on Stewart.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Come on! Get a grip!  😂

This is total Bunk.  

Hi Colo Cruiser. We seem to agree on most things, but I don't agree that public places would be depleted. Hopefully there are enough barrel chairs in storage to accommodate the passengers that want one.

48 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yep they screwed up and now they are backpedaling. Not to mention the extra stress on Stewart.

Agree with both you. I have no idea why they took them out initially, but that is now done. This seems to be at least an attempt to mitigate the harm.