Mitsugirly needed to ESCAPE from the cold weather

mitsugirly

We managed to make it out of the butterfly exhibit without Sakari having a hitchhiker and moved on.

PC170623%20copy-L.jpg

The only iguana that was seen that day by us...

PC170624%20copy-L.jpg

PC170625%20copy-L.jpg

PC170627%20copy-L.jpg

PC170628%20copy-L.jpg

I was busy taking pictures and messing with my newly found macro setting and the hubby decided he would just sit and let me do my thing.

PC170629%20copy-L.jpg

PC170630%20copy-L.jpg

PC170632%20copy-L.jpg

PC170634%20copy-L.jpg

Spider webs....

PC170636%20copy-L.jpg

PC170637%20copy-L.jpg

PC170639%20copy-L.jpg

PC170640%20copy-L.jpg

PC170641%20copy-L.jpg

PC170642%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 1

PC170644%20copy-L.jpg

I'm pretty sure this gator needs to see a vet.

PC170647%20copy-L.jpg

PC170648%20copy-L.jpg

Back to the pool we would go and I needed to get my brace off because it felt like it was cutting off the circulation.

Like always, once I remove anything from my leg (whether it's a sock, brace, boot, or shoe) there's always indents in it from it trying to swell but no where for it to go so it builds up in my leg instead. See the huge bump around my leg by my name stamp?

PC170651%20copy-L.jpg

PC170652%20copy-L.jpg

I wanted to get our Christmas picture at this port too, so Sakari did a quick pose for me.

PC170650%20copy-L.jpg

After resting for awhile, we decided to swim a little more before going back to the ship. I handed the GoPro to Sakari and the fun started....

GOPR0079%20copy-L.jpg

G0040107%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari would go off making video's and I just wanted to sit along the middle on the chairs and relax and people watch.

3 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Carnival still has towel animals!  🤗

Yes they sure do and I love it!!!

3 hours ago, ashleyriley said:

It was my experience on the Breakaway that if you request towel animals, the room steward will do them. Not sure if the Escape is different.

Only problem is...we never really seen our room steward. 😞

2 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Cannot tell you how much this annoyed us on NCL!! This also happened to us— every time we wanted to do stuff on top deck, they closed it due to “wind”—- and there was no wind.  Another thing that happened is that the staff did not show up when it was supposed to open as stated on the schedule.  Also, they are open for very small windows of time anyway.  Why not have them open all day?  The demand is there.  I kind of feel like these fun top deck activities are a bit of a come on with NCL.  They make it very difficult to use them, and I personally think it is because they don’t want to staff properly.

It was constantly closed or closing early/opening up late. I feel like the only time they are really open a lot is probably during port days when the ship isn't moving and everyone is ashore. Blah!

I agree, they should be open during the days all the time if it's safe but the "weather conditions" wasn't what I would call enough to close them down. Being on the top deck, it wasn't that windy for sure! The weather was nice!!!

2 hours ago, DinaS said:

We requested them on the Escape in October (midway through cruise) and we got a couple.

Even if we could request them, we never seen our room steward to do so.

2 hours ago, LeesaB said:

Awww, thanks Kim!

Credit were credit is due. I LOVE your explanation and people just can't seem to understand this over on the Belize boards. You explain it perfect and I always try to find your post when someone says something negative about it.

46 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

I am enjoying your pictures and commentary as usual. Thank you!

Thank you. It's funny that you mentioned my commentary because I was looking for something on my website and started rereading one of my scuba reviews and thought to myself..."man, I'm sorta funny...what happened to me???". I was so much funnier and silly back then. LOL

32 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

Ok....dying to hear if you talk to the mother now! Your camera is amazing!

Nope, we never did see them again...not the children or the parents. 😕

Thanks for the comment about the camera. I'm really starting to enjoy it.

28 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Say what?! You were being nice! Sakari is NOT a toy watcher!!

I was and looking back I'm not sure I would have done it again after seeing the sad face on Sakari for being left behind like that.

• Like 1

It was around 2:30-3pm and we decided it was time to head back. We hadn't ate all day, like we did the last time we were there, and we were pretty hungry. Sakari's other mermaid friends never came back to swim or play with her and now we had to gather up not only our stuff but her friends stuff to carry back. They did tell her, when they were swimming, their room number (it was an easy number, 9234), so we knew they were on the same floor as us and just down the hall). I told Sakari when we got back, she could just run it down to their room and if they didn't answer, she could leave it by the door. 

Once I slothed back to the pier entrance, there was a line for those wanting to catch a ride back to the ship. Being handicapped at the moment, I always notice things that I've never noticed before. There were very able-bodied couples (guessing in their 20's-30's) that could have walked but wanted to ride back instead. That meant waiting on several carts to come back as we waited in line. Eventually, some people got tired of waiting and decided to walk anyhow...as they should have.

It was our time to ride now...whew!

PC170272%20copy-L.jpg

PC170276%20copy-L.jpg

I'm in the front seat now and I see you behind me hubs....

PC170274%20copy-L.jpg

PC170277%20copy-L.jpg

PC170282%20copy-L.jpg

PC170279%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 1

What a dolphin Sakari is!!!  Your camera is awesome-loving all the photos and especially the zoom.     

You were nice about those parents-that is truly disgusting behaviour they did leaving your daughter there.  Inexcusable.  Wonder how she’d feel if someone did that to one of her kids.

• Like 3

Love your reviews! This is the second time I’ve followed a bit behind you on a cruise (last one was an RCI southern Caribbean). Leaving on the Pearl in 3 weeks. It’s a charter, but as a cruiser, the ports intrigue me, too! I was hoping to see that Harvest Cay had some snorkeling 😞

One thing though, your comment about able bodied 20-somethings. Please remember invisible disabilities. I recently finished chemo and radiation, and since my hair is bright purple, it looks quite intentional rather than the growing out phase that it is. So no one can tell. But I will for sure be taking a cart. Still can’t walk that far and get super tired, super easy (today, for example, I sat in the car for 10 minutes to get up the energy to carry in two bags of groceries).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

What a dolphin Sakari is!!!  Your camera is awesome-loving all the photos and especially the zoom.     

You were nice about those parents-that is truly disgusting behaviour they did leaving your daughter there.  Inexcusable.  Wonder how she’d feel if someone did that to one of her kids.

She is isn't she? I'm loving my new camera too.

44 minutes ago, rubytue said:

Love your reviews! This is the second time I’ve followed a bit behind you on a cruise (last one was an RCI southern Caribbean). Leaving on the Pearl in 3 weeks. It’s a charter, but as a cruiser, the ports intrigue me, too! I was hoping to see that Harvest Cay had some snorkeling 😞

One thing though, your comment about able bodied 20-somethings. Please remember invisible disabilities. I recently finished chemo and radiation, and since my hair is bright purple, it looks quite intentional rather than the growing out phase that it is. So no one can tell. But I will for sure be taking a cart. Still can’t walk that far and get super tired, super easy (today, for example, I sat in the car for 10 minutes to get up the energy to carry in two bags of groceries).

Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Pearl in a few weeks.

Nope, no snorkeling at Harvest Caye. The water is just too stirred up and murky. I don't even enjoy swimming in it.

Trust me, I would never comment on someone with a disability. I'm  nurse and know better than anyone that there are so many disabilities that are "unseen". My comment was said because these people I was referring to (several of them in a group) were definitely not disabled and that was more than apparent. They were playing tag, jumping on each others backs being carried, and running by us as I was hopping along headed toward the exit at Harvest Caye. It was pretty apparent that they were able bodied people that could walk...and they did. I would never disrespect someone based on their looks and not knowing, but based on their actions, even if they had something wrong with them that you could not tell, it wasn't a mobility disability for sure. So sorry if I offended you in any way. It was not my intentions at all. I hope you are recovering well and continued healing thoughts coming your way. 🙂

• Like 4

Once on board, we waited for the elevator to arrive and take us up to our floor. It wasn't a long wait and I suspect it was because we didn't come back at the last moment.

We took our things to the room and dropped them off and immediately headed to get something to eat. We ended up at the buffet. 

I had a salad and sandwich

PC170283%20copy-L.jpg

Then Sakari had some fries, pizza, and mac & cheese. We both had some bread. It seems like bread is the number one thing we devour when cruising. Bread and butter with everything we eat. Sakari will sit and just get a plate of bread sometimes as a "snack". It's a cruising thing for some reason. Maybe it's because there is a wide variety of types of bread.

PC170284%20copy-L.jpg

I tried out their cheesecake topped with caramel and it was pretty amazing! I do have to mention that with all the years I have cruised with NCL, all I ever read was constant complaints about how NCL did NOT know how to make deserts. I complained as well. It had to have been the most bland thing I have ever eaten anywhere. Just plain gross. But, I think they must have stepped their game up. The last 2 cruises have been pretty good in the yummy department (at least what I have tried). My belly and hips are proof! Or  did that come from laying in bed for 2+ months and in a wheel chair for 3+ months?

PC170285%20copy-L.jpg

I'm not sure if this would be considered our lunch or dinner that night so we'll call it linner just to be safe. I don't recall eating anything else and I don't have any pictures of having dinner. 

• Like 1

We wanted to catch a show tonight. Tonight's scheduled showed "Comedy Magic of Chris Blackmore" in the theater. I figured that would be something that Sakari would like as well. We don't go to a lot of shows because quite frankly, we don't care for the song and dance shows or anything Broadway related. But give us a comedian or magic show and we're there.

The show started at 8pm and we had several hours before it was time to go. I was a little wore out and we decided to just hang out in the room and on the balcony.

The sun was setting and I was busy playing with my camera and checking out some of the video Sakari did with the GoPro.

PC170286%20copy-L.jpg

PC170287%20copy-L.jpg

PC170289%20copy-L.jpg

The water was so calm and we had perfect weather so far. I was really worried because I get on a kick were I'm checking the weather every day a week before our cruise to see what it's going to be like despite knowing that the weather could change at any time...even that day. But it's  just something I do each time. Well, the weather showed nothing but thunderstorms each day in port all week. Not just rain but the lightening bolt with rain icon on the weather channel on my phone. It really looked like it was going to be crappy weather the entire time and I let Kendra know this and told her that should make her feel better about her backing out and not going. Her reply "YEP!"  So now, I couldn't wait to break it to her that the weather was nice instead and she was missing out. Nah nah nah boo boo.

PC170290%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 1

One of the great reviewers on cc is Gambee. I love his reviews and he has a camera that takes these weird photo's that makes them look like a painting...well kinda. I have always wanted a setting on my camera like that. Although this new camera has somewhat of a setting like that, I don't think it's quite the same as his. But, I would mess around with a few of the paint-looking settings and found this one to be a little neat.

PC170294%20copy-L.jpg

PC170295%20copy-L.jpg

PC170298%20copy-L.jpg

My foot was a little swollen from the day but I was taking my mind off it by enjoying the review. I have to admit that I was loving having a balcony this time around. I normally could care less because we are just not in the room long enough to make it worth it. But this time, we spent more time in there than normal. I needed to make this somewhat of a relaxing cruise and less of a mitsugirly style cruise. 

People always respond to questions about getting better by saying "getting better by the day". Well, that doesn't hold true for me. My reply would be "getting better by the month" because that about sums it up for me. I have a major milestone about once a month. My milestone for the month was my foot swelling went down tremendously...the first day of the cruise! I couldn't believe it wasn't swollen like it normally was...all.day.long!  It swelled, just not a lot and usually only after A LOT of walking or activity or by the end of the day. Before it was all day. Propping my foot up, whether it be while sitting or above heart level, does nothing for me...not for the pain, not for the swelling. As a matter of fact, it makes things worse for the pain and my entire leg up to my buttocks will be numb within 10 minutes of propping it up. The ONLY thing that works for me with pain and swelling...I have to be laying flat....ahhhhh However, I can't say that my ankle or leg has reduced in the swelling category. Maybe that's my next monthly milestone.

PC170299%20copy-L.jpg

No worries. Not offended at all! I’m just much more sensitive to it these days, more for people much worse off that me. I have a friend who has a BMT at 19, now at 21 she has degenerative something or other in her hip, which needs to be replaced, and she gets all sorts of grief on her college campus. 

I can’t wait for the cruise! It’s my first non-balcony room. We are balcony sitters. In fact, last cruise I spelt on the balcony several nights (we had a huge aft corner balcony). And I get my results the day before I lave, so it better be a celebratory cruise!

• Like 1

Now, if only I could get up the nerve for scuba... but I don’t think I’ll find a doctor who will sign off on it, even if I could get over the fear. Something about two lung damaging chemos and a random stroke (with no after effects, that goodness!)

Because it's hard to keep a girl like me down, I just had to get up and find something to do. I told the hubby I wanted to.....are you ready????? Go buy some Cruise Next certificates. #gasp  On the Breakaway 4 months ago, I refused to buy anymore. But, this time I owed Courtney a certificate since she transferred hers to me AND I knew I would want to get one for my kids and I know there's several new ships out I haven't sailed yet. So....off we went.

We arrived at the CruiseNext counter and told the consultant we wanted to buy some certificates. He said he would explain to me how the program worked. I already know how it works...I've been on enough NCL cruises and bought enough of these in the past. BUT...he told me something I didn't know...you can now use 2!!! TWO!!! certificates to book any balcony room from here on out and sometimes an interior as well during specials. Hmmm....well that puts an entirely new spin on things! I'll take 8!  GASP went the husband. Yep....8! I'm sure I'll use mine within 4 years so no worries and it saves money on the room.

PC211340%20copy-L.jpg

Then off to the show we went. Now they do have a handicap seating area at the top. It is roped off and states it's for handicapped. We were able to get a seat but I would watch people coming in late to the show, looking for a place to sit, and hear them say "let's just sit here...it'll be ok". Grrr

PC170310%20copy-L.jpg

During the show, I was almost certain that I had seen this comedian (or at least this show) in the past. It starts off a little bland with him acting like he was going to do something amazing, but it doesn't turn out...only to find out he did do something and it left you scratching your head. There was audience participation and the normal "can I borrow $100 from someone", which seems to be a "normal" thing for these comedians to do. But, it was a good show and Sakari enjoyed it as well. Don't forget all the plugs they do during the show "I have my greatest tricks on a CD for the low price of.....".

I was pretty tired by the time the show was over and we all just decided to head back to the room to shower, relax, and watch a little t.v.  At some point I would pack our bags for our next adventure in Costa Maya the next day.

• Like 1

I am so glad you got to use your balcony. I love balconies but I am so busy I rarely get time to just sit out and relax.  But it is nice to have that option.

I can't believe that family left Sakuri. I would have been so mad.

Hello Kim!  So glad you were really able to take that preChristmas cruise, and I’m finally caught up. 

Kudos to you (and to hubby and Sakari for being so supportive) for actually diving again. The fact that you had even planned on trying it so soon, and fairly early into your recovery, is surely testament to you being no sissy!!! 👏👏. I would have thought you might never be able to put on a fin on that foot again, but there you were in video, not just wearing both, but actually using that fin!  SIMPLY AMAZING!

Thanks, once again, for documenting your wonderful travels with all of us. If I can’t be out there myself having a wonderful time on any ocean, I can at least smile, and sometimes laugh, along with you and your family. 

Ellen

11 hours ago, jenseib said:

I am so glad you got to use your balcony. I love balconies but I am so busy I rarely get time to just sit out and relax.  But it is nice to have that option.

I can't believe that family left Sakuri. I would have been so mad.

Yea, we definitely used the balcony more this time than ever before I believe. I would still prefer to be on the go instead.

I was pretty upset at the look on her face. She just had that let down look and was so sad that they had left her and she was just sitting there alone. Had I not decided to go check up on her during our walk, there's no telling how long she would have sat there with them never coming back. 😞

10 hours ago, Arzeena said:

You are looking good Kim!
Sakari is a very talented girl!

Enjoying your review as always. We leave on the Bliss tomorrow for 14 night Western Caribbean cruise and some ports are the same as you visited.

Thanks so much. I don't feel like I look good that's for sure. The added weight after being in a wheelchair for months is also taking a toll on my mobility and wearing me out.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Bliss!!!

5 hours ago, Call8675309 said:

Thank you for another great review.  It’s nice to see you are up and about.  I have found your reviews to be really helpful when I’m planning a cruise.  Can’t wait to see what’s next in your adventures.

You're welcome and glad you are enjoying it.

Hopefully you've checked out my web page and it's helped when planning. It's a lot easier to find what you are looking for on there instead of trying to recall a review that has different things mixed in it.

3 hours ago, dreamer976 said:

Hello Kim!  So glad you were really able to take that preChristmas cruise, and I’m finally caught up. 

Kudos to you (and to hubby and Sakari for being so supportive) for actually diving again. The fact that you had even planned on trying it so soon, and fairly early into your recovery, is surely testament to you being no sissy!!! 👏👏. I would have thought you might never be able to put on a fin on that foot again, but there you were in video, not just wearing both, but actually using that fin!  SIMPLY AMAZING!

Thanks, once again, for documenting your wonderful travels with all of us. If I can’t be out there myself having a wonderful time on any ocean, I can at least smile, and sometimes laugh, along with you and your family. 

Ellen

Oh I'm glad we were able to go to. I was having second thoughts about it after booking and was really nervous. But, I made it and survived. lol

Definitely no sissy but I can tell you I will probably be afraid to do a lot of things like I used to before after this injury. I'm so scared of hurting it again in the future. I didn't think I would be able to get a fin on either. I couldn't get mine on at home. But, miraculously the swelling in my foot went down the week of the cruise and I think that helped. I also had on a fin that was much bigger than I wear too. But, it worked! Woo Hoo.

• Like 1

DAY 5: WEDNESDAY: COSTA MAYA, MEXICO

PC211341%20copy-L.jpg

PC211343%20copy-L.jpg

When we were here 4 months ago, Sakari insisted on going to the water park at the Lost Mayan Kingdom something or other. She said it was her favorite day of the cruise and favorite port so far because she had such an amazing time there. She was super excited that we were returning and insisted on going back to the water park. I knew this meant it was just going to be a lazy day by the pool for me because I couldn't do any of the water slides or zipling. I also wasn't sure if I would even be able to make it in the pool because of the ladder situation. But, I did it while scuba diving, so I was going to at least attempt it if it got too hot.

We were in port from 8-5pm. I believe I set my alarm for 7am to give us some time to get ready and have breakfast. I wasn't in too much of a hurry, but I wasn't about to let Sakari know this.

Costa Maya welcomed us with a double rainbow that morning and a beautiful sky. I guess it paid having a balcony this morning otherwise, we would have probably missed this.

PC180653%20copy-L.jpg

PC180654%20copy-L.jpg

PC180659%20copy-L.jpg

PC180660%20copy-L.jpg

There is it...the water park of doom for me today. Oops, I mean the best water park and port EVA! I just couldn't wait....sigh

PC180661%20copy-L.jpg

PC180662%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 1

Now I remembered that on the other ships with the restaurant above the buffet that they served breakfast. I hadn't adventured up there until this morning so I wasn't sure since normally it is a paid restaurant.

PC180667%20copy-L.jpg

I told the fam "Let's go this way. There's something I want to check out". Sure enough, they were serving breakfast. There's hardly anyone up here!!! SCORE! Not many people know about this place serving breakfast and you're sure to not have a line and not fight for a seat to eat at. I'm sure not many people read my reviews, so no worries about the word getting out. 😉

PC180663%20copy-L.jpg

So it's a buffet type of thang! You have breakfast sandwiches here though and they DO have an omelette station as well...made to order!! They have a variety of danishes, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, french toast, cereals and so on.

PC180668%20copy-L.jpg

Would you look at all that seating? The choices were just too overwhelming and it was just too hard to pick a dining spot. I let Sakari pick for me since this was "HER" day!

PC180666%20copy-L.jpg

You can even sit at the bar if your little heart desires.

PC180664%20copy-L.jpg

They also serve all the drinks including orange, milk, chocolate milk and ....where's the coffee??? No coffee? The hubby is quite upset with me at this point. I told him there's NO WAY that they are going to serve breakfast and not provide coffee. He said he had looked "everywhere" and so by everywhere he meant he glanced in each direction as he sat down and it was really "nowhere". I ask him about around the corner and got a "uh-huh". Yea, ok....   "I guess if you've checked everywhere except for anywhere, then you'll have to settle for milk or juice and ALL these people around us (all 5 or 6 of them) magically got their coffee from downstairs and brought it up here."

After getting our belly's full it was time to head down to exchange our towels for dry ones...............................and what do you know.....there's the coffee around the corner where I said and where he had confirmed that he had checked already. 😕  I'm just glad I don't drink coffee and therefore am not obligated to go hunt for it for him. LOL

These birds were welcoming us by flying over the ship and circling around and around. There was maybe 6 of them at any given time. Sakari being the Bindi Irwin that she is gave us a lesson on these birds. I believe they were frigate birds and she told us about the markings on them. I believe she said the female has a white belly and the male doesn't? Something about red and flying for months. Or maybe the other way around. Either way, she's told me about them before and I'm sure she'll tell me about them again in the future and either way, I won't remember. But, we did have a moment of fun pointing out which were girls and which were boys. Ok, Sakari had had enough "Let's go to the waterpark mommy!"   "Oh but wait here comes more birds Sakari"....it didn't last for long. I was obligated to go to this waterpark where I couldn't do anything and it was going to happen no matter how long I tried to put it off.

PC180676%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 1

Just know that if you purchase your tickets from the cruise line and are one of those "special status people"...like we are Platinum, you get a discount. We had purchased our tickets the night before.

So, catching the elevator, to the room to grab our things and back to the elevator to catch a ride down to deck 4. They made an announcement that we needed to be informed that this port in Costa Maya is not owned or operated by NCL, therefore, there would not be any transportation services down the pier. I just had to gasp. Wait, they usually had trolleys or something. There's no way I can walk that entire pier and be ok with it. I would be so worn out by the time I got to the end that I'm not sure I'll even make it outside of the port.

"Clink" went our ship cards and out we went to have our pictures taken.

PC211316%20copy-L.jpg

I stopped at every one of them I could!! lol

PC211318%20copy-L.jpg

Me "Oh look Sakari, there's another one!" 

Sakari "Come on mommy!"

PC211319%20copy-L.jpg

They managed to sneak in this one. This must be the face she was giving her mother for stalling. I never ever by the close up shots the photographer does or the black and white pictures. They never turn out good. But, Sakari really liked this picture of her when she seen it in our folder....so I bought it. There's a first time for everything. I like it too but would really like to know what she was thinking at that moment. 

Me "Are you sure you like that picture? Are you thinking how much you want to get to the water park and I'm stalling and taking forever?"

Sakari "Probably now buy it please".

PC211312%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Down the pier we started. I'm trying to take my mind off my sloth waddle walk by doing what I love to do...take pictures of everything around me.

PC180678%20copy-L.jpg

PC180679%20copy-L.jpg

PC180680%20copy-L.jpg

Then along came a NCL worker with a wheelchair. He had just taken someone down the pier and the hubby flagged him down. I was SO relieved that I wouldn't have to walk it. They had several workers wheeling people down the dock and that was great. He wheeled me to the end of that pier, where you turn and go down the rest, and then I was set free. Wait, what?!? He said I would be able to ride the trolley the rest of the way and it would be coming shortly. But NCL said there was no transportation this time. I guess they meant by THEM! I knew there was always a trolley here but thought maybe they weren't working today or something.

Along came the trolley and away we went.

PC180681%20copy-L.jpg

PC180682%20copy-L.jpg

We made it to the entrance and was set free again of course. I was on my own to try to make it out of this twisting and turning port.

PC180683%20copy-L.jpg

PC180685%20copy-L.jpg

PC180686%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari thought this was cute and she also thought it was cute to make it swing back and forth and then yelled "run!"   Right Sakari...there's still a coconut on there and I'm not running!

PC180688%20copy-L.jpg

PC180689%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We slowly made our way past the vendors screaming "Senorita, you like jewelry come inside" and we finally made it out of the port area. People holding various signs with tours were outside and of course our "excursion" was at the very end. Go me! Almost immediately after arriving at the line for our excursion, it started to move out to get on the shuttles to take us to the waterpark. Now when I bought tickets for this excursion, they ask if I wanted the 9:30 or 11:30am time. We had picked the 9:30am time of course.

Off we went for the short 5 minute drive down the street to the waterpark. Remember last time we walked and I knew there was no way for that to happen again this time around.

ARRIVED

PC180373%20copy-L.jpg

There was no waiting this time and we walked right up to the window, they put our wristbands on and told us that we have "full access" to the entire park and off we went.

Oh no, don't let it drop on you!

PC180691%20copy-L.jpg

PC180692%20copy-L.jpg

PC180693%20copy-L.jpg

As you can tell, it was a cloudy day. No blue skies or sun peaking out yet.

PC180694%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 1

The park looked deserted for the most part. Either we were the first to arrive or everyone decided not to go because the weather looked as if it wasn't going to cooperate today.

PC180695%20copy-L.jpg

PC180696%20copy-L.jpg

Since we were just here, we knew our way around the place and I knew I wanted to go back to the area we had sat at before. It was pretty quiet and even with the weather nice the last time, it wasn't crowded like it was at the other pool (below).

PC180697%20copy-L.jpg

PC180698%20copy-L.jpg

There wasn't anyone back here yet. Hmmm, where should we sit?

PC180699%20copy-L.jpg

Our view from the pool area consisted of the lazy river and the landing for the zipline.

PC180703%20copy-L.jpg

PC180704%20copy-L.jpg

PC180705%20copy-L.jpg

PC180706%20copy-L.jpg

• Like 2