Can anyone identify the cheese I ate on the Journey?

loveandcruises

Recently, on the Journey, I had the most gorgeous cheese from the brunch buffet and I can't find it on the internet except in stock photos. It is a spicy multicolored cheese from Holland -- speckled in all colors of the rainbow. Does anyone know what this "rainbow cheese" is called?

No not that. It’s a three coloured Gouda cheese which they got at the Old Amsterdam Cheese Company in St Maarten if the poster is talking about the one I also loved. I’ve seen it also in speciality cheese shops in Amsterdam but unfortunately nowhere else. I agree it’s delicious it was bought I think for White Night then generally served thereafter until it was gone. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g147347-d6582952-Reviews-Amsterdam_Cheese_and_Liquor_Store-Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

Edited by uktog

Thank you so much, chef!!! You see, this is what Azamara is all about ... you ask a question on Cruise Critic and you get an answer from the Chef!!

And here's a cool fact about the Chef ... One night I was sitting outside the onboard shop that sells perfumes, texting my daughters at home, when Chef Michael walks into the shop, spritzes his wrist and walks out. "Aha!" I exclaimed, "Is that the secret ingredient?" upon which he replied that spritzing perfume on his wrist heightens his sense of smell and helps him cook better! He then insisted on taking a selfie with me and we talked about my  newfound love of Filipino food. Chef Michael rocks!

My daughters will be on vacation in Amsterdam on the 28th; I am going to ask them to look for 3 Peppers Gouda Cheese!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

Speaking of chefs, it would be nice if they spent a little more time at the chef's table dinners.  The chef's table is such a great experience and could be enhanced.  I understand they are busy, but another 5-10 minutes would be nice.

Between his pre-table review of the Arabic table menu tonight and his return pre-dessert to introduce the nine other chefs who had a hand in preparing the dinner, I can't imagine the executive chef spending more time at the dinner.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Between his pre-table review of the Arabic table menu tonight and his return pre-dessert to introduce the nine other chefs who had a hand in preparing the dinner, I can't imagine the executive chef spending more time at the dinner.

I'm sure there is a good reason why they don't spend more time.  Princess had the best Chef's Table experience with a tour of the galley by the chef and more time.  They only did Chef's Table a couple of nights every cruise, so maybe that was part of the reason.  They may not even do that anymore.  The Azamara experience is still excellent.