J3 Junior Suite on Anthem

PghSunny

What type of Junior Suite is a J3 on Anthem?  Was it formerly known as a Family Junior Suite or Spa Suite?

The deck plan doesn't have information regarding the bathroom set up.

J3
J4

Junior Suite

An incredible intimate suite with a great view. ( Up to 5 guests )

Beds
  • Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
  • One double sofa bed
  • One Pullman bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests
Size
  • Stateroom: 267 sq. ft.
  • Balcony: 81 sq. ft.

6 hours ago, smokey01 said:

They have a bathroom with toilet, sink and bath with shower over the bath and then there is a separate toilet and sink 

The J4's have a bathroom with toilet and sink and another one with bathtub, sink and separate shower.  We loved the J4 we had last year on Anthem and wish all ships had that category as we always stay in JS, but loved the split bathroom.

2 hours ago, BND said:

The J4's have a bathroom with toilet and sink and another one with bathtub, sink and separate shower.  We loved the J4 we had last year on Anthem and wish all ships had that category as we always stay in JS, but loved the split bathroom.

That sounds really nice, too.  I upgraded to a J3 yesterday for my March cruise.  There were no junior suites available for the longest time, but I guess some people cancelled when the final payment was due.  I'm traveling with two of my friends, so it will be really nice to have a little extra space, and two bathrooms will come in handy when it is time to get ready.  The funny thing is I talked to two different rep's at Club Royale and they both said there was only one bathroom.  The price to upgrade was minimal (when split 3 ways), so I took a chance and booked it.  This will be my first time in a Junior Suite. 

14 minutes ago, PghSunny said:

That sounds really nice, too.  I upgraded to a J3 yesterday for my March cruise.  There were no junior suites available for the longest time, but I guess some people cancelled when the final payment was due.  I'm traveling with two of my friends, so it will be really nice to have a little extra space, and two bathrooms will come in handy when it is time to get ready.  The funny thing is I talked to two different rep's at Club Royale and they both said there was only one bathroom.  The price to upgrade was minimal (when split 3 ways), so I took a chance and booked it.  This will be my first time in a Junior Suite. 

J3 has a true bath and a half, so good choice for a group of three friends.  J4 has a split bathroom, only the half bathroom has a toilet, other bathroom has sink, tub and separate shower with rain head (no toilet).  We found that to be the smallest JS cabin we have ever booked but ample space for two.

You will also be Sea Class, so you get priority boarding, dinner in Coastal Kitchen and a few other benefits.  You can make Coastal Kitchen reservations once you board.  There is a podium outside of Coastal Kitchen that is manned during open hours.  Don't wait to make your reservations though as popular times book quickly and those in full suites can book them prior to sailing.  Night one has a great filet mignon.