How do determine if the Jade will Tender or dock?

NutsAboutGolf

Prefer the regular NCL forums as it’ll get higher visibility perhaps from those who have been on the Jade after its TA.

On the Jan 5th sailing, it’s scheduled to arrive on Jan 7th in Phucket.  NCL customer service claims we will dock, one member of our roll call stated their Thai travel agent says we’re going to tender.  About two weeks ago we checked the Jades bridge cam when in Phucket and it was tendering.  Understood that anything is subject to change and we should always have a “Plan B” backup plan but is there a way to determine if “plan A” for the Jade is to dock or tender in Phucket?

Edocs are not always reliable in regards to tendering/docking.  If a port is tender only, they will say tender.  In ports where you may tender or dock depending on the number of ships in port, you may not find out that you tender until the night before.

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

EDocs do not mention dock/port or tender; just has three columns, “port of call/itinerary”, “arrive” & “depart”

You are correct...that was my error. I should have said that this is on the confirmation NCL provides for your booking.

11 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

You are correct...that was my error. I should have said that this is on the confirmation NCL provides for your booking.

You’re correct, the confirmation does say dock.  But the question is, how accurate has that been in the past?  If there is a change from dock to tender would NCL even notify you?

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You’re correct, the confirmation does say dock.  But the question is, how accurate has that been in the past?  If there is a change from dock to tender would NCL even notify you?

No.

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Prefer the regular NCL forums as it’ll get higher visibility perhaps from those who have been on the Jade after its TA.

On the Jan 5th sailing, it’s scheduled to arrive on Jan 7th in Phucket.  NCL customer service claims we will dock, one member of our roll call stated their Thai travel agent says we’re going to tender.  About two weeks ago we checked the Jades bridge cam when in Phucket and it was tendering.  Understood that anything is subject to change and we should always have a “Plan B” backup plan but is there a way to determine if “plan A” for the Jade is to dock or tender in Phucket?

You get a current guest confirmation pushed to you via email. That is the most accurate information until you board the ship (not guesses here on cruise critic). Once you embark on a week, you’ll get the correct information for your specific sailing. 

Not sure what Plan A vs B is all about. You walk down the gangway. You either end up on a dock or the deck of a tender heading for the dock. You won’t really know until you’re on the ship. No need to OBC was over breakfast times now. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Not sure what Plan A vs B is all about.

Thanks for the info; in Phuket, the dock/pier is location is the Deep Sea Port and the tender location is Patong Beach which are 45mins apart.  I booked a tour nearby the Deep Sea Port and it would appear high odds I won't be making their time deadline if we tender.  If I don't make it, will make the best of it.

We were supposed to dock at a port once (sorry can't remember but it was in the Caribbean) and when

we got there the Getaway was at the dock and we had to tender from the Jade. I am thinking the smaller

ships that will be there tender because of number of passengers? Just a guess as I also know port

arrival time dictates dock or tender too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 3:56 PM, FLAHAM said:

"Is the NCL tender/dock confirmation accurate?":  FLAHAM: "No"

You nailed it!  Confirmation said dock which as a reminder, was 45mins away; dock and tender ports were far apart.  I spoke to many crew member about this and received many answers, but will only share the G-Rated ones: "we always tender here", "why do you care, we don't", "Really???  I'm stuck here on the ship".

Edited by NutsAboutGolf