Recent Sun S. American Cruise Info

CarolatSea

Two weeks from today we will be in Miami awaiting our flight to Santiago.  We are sailing from San Antonio on January 18 to Buenos Aires on the NCL Sun, and I have questions for folks who have taken this cruise recently.  Thanks in advance.

How did you pack for four season?  Layers, I'm assuming.  How was the temperature on board?

How was the ship's library?  I just loaded up my Kindle with eight new books, but that will last me eight to ten days -- not counting the flight and down time the time we'll be in Chile before disembarkation.  I'd like to know if I should load more books on my Kindle.  🙂

Any other information about the ports, the ship, etc., is appreciated.  Apparently, this is the first season the Star is doing the South American itinerary.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Carol

You need a wide range of attire,  including a light, lined jacket,  hat and gloves.    The ports are excellent and many wonderful touring opportunities.   PLAN carefully and have plans known.    Most people don't get here often and waste valuable time don't nothing.    I go every year.   🙂   

Being you mention you are staying in Chili =  be VERY careful and look critically at your habits-   many travelers,  simply have very poor ones.    This area,  I never fail to hear of multiple cruise ship passengers who become victims of crime.   10 times more likely that  Europe.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CarolatSea said:

Two weeks from today we will be in Miami awaiting our flight to Santiago.  We are sailing from San Antonio on January 18 to Buenos Aires on the NCL Sun, and I have questions for folks who have taken this cruise recently.  Thanks in advance.

Believe the ship currently in SA is the Star, not the Sun.  Be prepared for itinerary changes.

Last February we did SA on the Sun.  We planned most excursions with our very active roll call members and had a great time.  In Argentina Uruguay and Santiago it was quite hot but the further south you got was very cold especially in Falkland and Ushuaia.  Needed winter coats hats gloves and scarves.

Thanks to everyone so far.

MugTech is correct:  We are on the Star.  I was thinking Sun because that's the sister ship that did the itinerary last year.

Thank you for the warning, BudgetQueen.  We are well travelled and have lived for extended periods in Central America and the Middle East.  We will be careful.

I really don't want to carry a winter coat, so turtlenecks, t-shirts, sweatshirts, windbreakers will be making the trip.  Can you spell L-A-Y-E-R-S?  🙂

We did this cruise (in reverse) last year. I would highly recommend Estancia Excursions in the Falklands for penguin viewing. It was a highlight of our trip. Also, it will be very cold going around the Horn and viewing the glaciers. Enjoy your trip!

20190309_174011.jpg

20190307_095331.jpg