Juneau - which garden to visit

Harters

We'll probably do HAL's shore excursion here. They offer two, both including the glacier. One then offers a visit to the Rainforest Garden whilst the other goes to the Glacier Gardens. We are keen gardeners (in the UK) and would welcome advice as to which garden we might find the more interesting. Yes, I know these are always tricky sorts of questions but any thoughts greatly appreciated. 

By the by, one tour also offers the state museum while the other offers  a salmon hatchery. We've no preference about these. Our only other plan for Juneau is to take the Mount Roberts Tramway - planning to do this late afternoon when it should be quieter as other cruise ships leave early that day.

Haven't been to either so I looked at their web sites.  They look to be very different.

Glacier Gardens looks more ' touristy '  with unique designs, etc.  whereas the Rainforest is a botanical garden so probably more educational than touristy. My quick take on it, anyway.

http://www.glaciergardens.com/

https://www.juneaurainforestgarden.com/

You might want to look thru the youtube video to get a good idea of what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=juneau+rainforest+garden&sp=CAI%3D

Agree with Coral.  The one and only time we went to Glacier Gardens was in May.  There were very few blooming flowers.  In fact,  there were lots of trays near the trails that contained plants that needed to be put into the gardens at various sites so there would be color.  It was a disappointment.  If we had gone later in the season I think it would have been a better experience.

We're there at the end of May and had been leaning towards Glacier Gardens which now doesnt seem a good option. And there seem to be few online reviews of the Rainforest Garden to convince me that'll be worthwhile either.

We'll rethink our plans and maybe just get the shuttle bus or taxi to the glacier and then spend the rest of the time in town.

Appreciate the advice , thanks everyone.