Sky Princess pools

DRS/NC

4 minutes ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

There is a pool all the way forward on the Sky Princess. Does someone know how to get to it?

If you are speaking of the retreat pool, you access it on deck 17.  You can either go up the forward stairs, or if going up by the Lido pools, thru the doors and into the lobby and out to it. 

2 minutes ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

I don’t think it is the retreat pool. I have seen pictures of a small pool on the forward deck,  but it does not show up on deck plans.

Is there a pool in the sanctuary?  That could be it, I was never in there, just the retreat pool and the wake pools.

21 minutes ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

I don’t think it is the retreat pool. I have seen pictures of a small pool on the forward deck,  but it does not show up on deck plans.

That's the crew's pool - I recall seeing them relaxing in it from our forward facing suite window. Hence not on the plans.

Sandra

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LeeW said:

Sorry, but the broken glass in the retreat pool was on both the steps and the two steps were still there when they emptied it to clean it.  We were in one of those new cabins adjacent to the area.

Can anyone confirm that you can actually swim in in of the Lido Pools? Are any of them deep enough (over 5' deep). 

From what I'm reading here, both the Retreat and Wakeview Pools are only 3' deep, which is only good for a quick dip to cool off. 

Edited by mullinbc
Misspelled

2 minutes ago, rhblake said:

I saw people doing laps early in the morning before the pool filled up.

That's great news. Thanks.

I will be one of those people for sure, either in the morning, or around early dinner seating time, when the pools usually empty out. 

Which I'm hoping will happen on Sky too? 

I am using a walker for the first time in my life. I too was disappointed in the lack of stairs at the pools on Sky. However, the wake pool is shallow and the water was only waist high on me. The ladder has wide steps and the steps are positioned to make it possible for someone like me to climb up them. I just went up the ladder one step at a time. That being said, I would have had difficulty in a deeper pool. Princess should use Regal's Retreat pool  as a  model for all Royal class ships and add stairs for those who cruise and want to use the pools. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mom33 said:

I am using a walker for the first time in my life. I too was disappointed in the lack of stairs at the pools on Sky. However, the wake pool is shallow and the water was only waist high on me. The ladder has wide steps and the steps are positioned to make it possible for someone like me to climb up them. I just went up the ladder one step at a time. That being said, I would have had difficulty in a deeper pool. Princess should use Regal's Retreat pool  as a  model for all Royal class ships and add stairs for those who cruise and want to use the pools. 

It appears the new ships will have shallower pools and I assume because of that they didn't see steps as a necessary item, just the ladder.  Glad it's working for you, but I still think this is a downgrade from earlier Royal class ships.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

No pay for pool on any Princess ship that I know of.  😳

In the Lotus Spa, cruisers will find a welcoming feel and contemporary, sophisticated décor, as well as more treatment rooms than any other Princess spa. New features include private Couples Villas and The Enclave – a thermal suite that is triple the size of any existing Lotus Spa. Here passengers can totally decompress with new relaxing options such as the Hammam (a Turkish-style steam room), the Caldarium (an herbal steam room), the Laconium (a dry heat sauna) and the line’s first-ever hydro-therapy pool.

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

In the Lotus Spa, cruisers will find a welcoming feel and contemporary, sophisticated décor, as well as more treatment rooms than any other Princess spa. New features include private Couples Villas and The Enclave – a thermal suite that is triple the size of any existing Lotus Spa. Here passengers can totally decompress with new relaxing options such as the Hammam (a Turkish-style steam room), the Caldarium (an herbal steam room), the Laconium (a dry heat sauna) and the line’s first-ever hydro-therapy pool.

Yeah thats not the kind of pool I was thinking about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

You could be right I have been on 31 cruises never went to the Sanctuary maybe they thought you had to pay!

There are no pools in the Sanctuary on any Princess ship. 

There is a hot tub in the Sanctuary on the Sky though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

There are no pools in the Sanctuary on any Princess ship. 

There is a hot tub in the Sanctuary on the Sky though.

Well as I said we get a lot of wrong info! Just would like a pool with steps so Sky is off my Radar!  One of the things I like to do best is hang out in the pool when I hear it is snowing back home! 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1