Seville

Pvbgirl

22 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Seville is beautiful. Sailing into Seville is tricky. It depends on tires and water levels.  I did it on Star Legend. We docked, walked off ship, went into the tourist info, and in 5 minutes we walked to center of town.  We were so close to many attractions...Alcazar, Palace, cathedral with tomb of Columbus, etc. it was one of favorite ports.  If they dock in Cadiz, bus ride is 2 hours each way.  Go. It’s worth the trip. 

Yes, sailing in is a bit tricky, but well worth doing in the hands of a competent captain and crew.

We did it with Azamara in October 2018. Azamara ships are almost 50m longer than the Windstar (formerly Seabourn) ships. We arrived around 6.30pm on a Saturday for two overnights and left again about 6.30am on the Monday.

As you say, excellent access, as is often the case with smaller ships in many ports.

If one is able to pick & choose from seven itineraries in 2022, it would be well worth checking whether there are any special activities in Seville on the full day in port. We struck a marathon around the streets which created a few difficulties for tourists, causing us to take alternate routes to reach our planned destinations.

Very inspiring thread, I appreciate everyone sharing the videos, pictures, and experiences.

Question: I noticed some cruises stay overnight twice, leaving early the next morning and others for the same itinerary leave late the second day. Does anyone know why?

1 minute ago, mdpa said:

Very inspiring thread, I appreciate everyone sharing the videos, pictures, and experiences.

Question: I noticed some cruises stay overnight twice, leaving early the next morning and others for the same itinerary leave late the second day. Does anyone know why?

Tides - this transit is very dependent on the tides when the ship can make various manoeuvres

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, uktog said:

Tides - this transit is very dependent on the tides when the ship can make various manoeuvres

Thanks, that makes sense. At first I was disappointed in the shortened time in June but then quickly realized that my practical time onshore is identical. I am not normally off the ship after 10PM.

6 hours ago, mdpa said:

Thanks, that makes sense. At first I was disappointed in the shortened time in June but then quickly realized that my practical time onshore is identical. I am not normally off the ship after 10PM.

Our Sep. 17, 2022 itinerary arrives at 9 pm Fri and leaves at 9 pm Sun – so we lose the daylight transit shown in the first video.  But the second video looks thrilling anyway!

• Like 1