Recommendation for Ft Lauderdale hotels

rangeley

Cruising on Sunday. We usually fly down the day of but some snow is coming and we might head down Friday. Looking for a good clean hotel near the cruise port. My husband needs a handicapped room but we'll figure that out. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks. 

Cindy

Edited by rangeley

I recommend the Holiday Inn Express at 1500 SE 17th Street Causeway.  It has a shuttle that will take you to the ship, unless you are planning to drive to the port and leave your car there.  I have stayed there 3 times this year, including a few weeks ago.  

We have stayed at Spring Hill Suites (Marriott) in Dania Beach numerous times.  Stayed there before our Amazon Explorer cruise for 2 nights in November.  They have an airport shuttle and a paid shuttle to the cruise pier.  There are restaurants nearby.

Karen

12 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not sure why you wouldn't look on the Florida Departures board, as this has nothing to do with HAL, and there are dozens of threads over there on hotels.

Sorry didn't know there was a Florida departures board. 

I would suggest the Hyatt Place  not very far south of the airport, because you can get food at their bar.  If your husband is handicapped you wont want to go out to get food.

Or a Courtyard which also has a small restaurant & bar.   HI Express will have a nice breakfast but not lunch or dinner.

There are many hotels both north & south of the airport and nearly all have free shuttle to hotel from airport & offer a shuttle service (for a fee) to ships.   We have sailed on at least 30 cruises from Ft. Lauderdale.  

Farther down the main pages of CC boards is a section about departure cities where you can get hotel, car rental, shuttle, etc information.  

14 hours ago, colbe said:

We used Hyatt Place, 17th Street last month with no problems. Shuttle to port.

We stayed there in Dec also.  Very disappointed that it took 50 minutes for the airporr shuttle to arrive - had to call three times.  The free buffet (for Hyatt members) has also been cut back quite a bit.  Room was fine and it is a great location for cruisers.

Took the hotel shuttle to the pier ($7 pp as I recall) and unfortunately we were the fourth stop, so took quite awhile.