Just off Armonia and willing to answer questions!

Touringmom

5 hours ago, jamon said:

If you have an easy drink package, can you use it on ocean caye without a charge? and can you get the standard drinks that the easy drink package allows?

Didn’t have drink package but those in our party found getting. Few drinks paid individually was much cheaper than a package. 

5 hours ago, Touringmom said:

Food at buffet and food trucks free. I’ve cream shop and bars are paid. Food tucks did not have any drinks. We bought bottled water and soda at beach bar. 

Did they have the usual buffet free drinks like vitamin water, lemonade, etc at the buffet on Ocean Cay?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 10:36 AM, OverBoard&TreadingWater said:

They took the mini golf out during dry dock.  It's now just another deck for lounging.

No Mini Golf!!! What a disappointment! We are traveling in August with our 8 year old and he was looking forward to that!

Can anyone answer about the Easy Drink Package? I drink bottle/can beer; what are my options? My husband drinks wine and we were told it was house wine only on this package...any idea what brand?

2 hours ago, albeachrealtor said:

No Mini Golf!!! What a disappointment! We are traveling in August with our 8 year old and he was looking forward to that!

Can anyone answer about the Easy Drink Package? I drink bottle/can beer; what are my options? My husband drinks wine and we were told it was house wine only on this package...any idea what brand?

I called MSC about this and they promised that it's just out temporarily and they're going to redo it. Take that for what it's worth though because it's hard to tell if they'll follow through on that. Really stupid if they take it out considering there is little for kids to do as it is. Should be adding to the activities and not taking them away 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, we always said we would go to the dining room for at least one breakfast and one lunch.....but we enjoyed the buffet variety so much that we never got there.  My indulgent breakfasts usually consisted of coffee course; congee course with chicken, mushrooms, walnuts; muesli course with fresh fruit, almonds, and walnuts; walnut sticky roll with coffee.  Juices in there somewhere.

I hope the world walnut supply doesn't dry up before April.

On 2/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, cellfree said:

Yes, the same place the Armonia has Gelato they have soft serve in vanilla and chocolate. Gelato and soft serve are free.

HI!  I messaged MSC earlier today on whether the Armonia had free  Gelato, smooth bar, and movies.  They messaged back that movies were all free, but Gelato and smoothies were a charge.  So if you could confirm, were all Gelato, smoothies, and movies free or maybe it is only for particular sailings?  Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, pepper said:

HI!  I messaged MSC earlier today on whether the Armonia had free  Gelato, smooth bar, and movies.  They messaged back that movies were all free, but Gelato and smoothies were a charge.  So if you could confirm, were all Gelato, smoothies, and movies free or maybe it is only for particular sailings?  Thanks in advance!

Any news on the missing mini golf on Armonia?

On 2/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, rnr4thatsme said:

What types of live shows did they have in the evenings?    Was there live music around the ship and if so, what style (Pop type or classical)?   Thanks!

A different production show every night of the week. I liked six of the seven. Bands throughout the ship, too. I thought the entertainment was great. 

This is our first cruise on MSC.  Do we have to make reservations for the show in order to attend, or can we just show up?  Also, our reservation confirmation says our dining request is "Open Dining".  Do we need to contact our agent and have it changed to our desired "late seating"?  Thanks for your input!

11 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

suep12, it sounds like you are booked on an Aurea experience, which gives you the "privilege" of open dining.  Only Bella and Fantastica experiences have set dining times.  I'm not sure if/how this could be changed.

Aurea has a dedicated Aurea dining room (La Pergola) on Deck Six.  Suep12 can go there anytime he/she chooses.  If a set time is desired, they can arrange that with the maitre d on the first night for the rest of the cruise.

39 minutes ago, suep12 said:

This is our first cruise on MSC.  Do we have to make reservations for the show in order to attend, or can we just show up?  Also, our reservation confirmation says our dining request is "Open Dining".

I've not been on Armonia yet but have seen in more recent videos that they now electronically take reservations for the show times.  I'm not sure if this works through the MSC for Me app or just on the screens that were shown on the ship.  They usually open the theater to walk ins a couple minutes before the show starts.  Last minute seat choice may be limited.

MSC states on their "Our Prices and Experiences" web page that in addition to Aurea cabins only on Armonia Fantastica balconies and Suites also get My Choice dining.  This has only been reported true for the Fantastica suites, not the balconies.  Regardless as has already been mentioned if you have "Open Dining" then you can either just show up when you want or make reservations in the aft restaurant for a set time if you'd rather try for the same table/server for each dinner.

On 2/13/2020 at 4:36 PM, pepper said:

Movies and gelato free.  If by smoothies you mean fruit and ice cream blended together these will not be free.

7 hours ago, suep12 said:

This is our first cruise on MSC.  Do we have to make reservations for the show in order to attend, or can we just show up? 

In late December 2019 the MSC for Me app did not include the Armonia and shows did not need reservations.  I dont see this changing without a redo of the theater so I expect it is still that way.

24 minutes ago, aprilF said:

In late December 2019 the MSC for Me app did not include the Armonia and shows did not need reservations.  I dont see this changing without a redo of the theater so I expect it is still that way.

I hope this is the case and would not be surprised if the app did not have this feature on the ship.  I was surprised when watching an Armonia video, they definitely showed a TV kiosk where you could make reservations for the shows.  I can't remember the video date but it wasn't too old.  I have no idea if it ever was enforced or might now be dropped.  I'll have to go back and find it now.