Crown & Anchor - Minors/Kids

DyanaT

Quick question...

I understand that my 3 children automatically get my Crown & Anchor Status until they are age 18.

But what happens after they turn 18? Do all the cruises they have been on accumulate to give them their own status the day they turn 18... or are they left to start from scratch?

...and if my husband and I book a suite... do they get double points toward their own accumulation one day?

Edited by DyanaT

At age 18, they revert to whatever points they have earned by cruising themselves, but they keep whatever C&A level the parents have.

In other words, they could be Diamond Plus with 3 points, and they would need 697 points to make Pinnacle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

At age 18, they revert to whatever points they have earned by cruising themselves, but they keep whatever C&A level the parents have.

In other words, they could be Diamond Plus with 3 points, and they would need 697 points to make Pinnacle.

Thank you!!

32 minutes ago, DyanaT said:

Quick question...

I understand that my 3 children automatically get my Crown & Anchor Status until they are age 18.

But what happens after they turn 18? Do all the cruises they have been on accumulate to give them their own status the day they turn 18... or are they left to start from scratch?

...and if my husband and I book a suite... do they get double points toward their own accumulation one day?

If the kids sail in a suite with you (before they turn 18) they will receive double points.

I'd contact CAS to make sure they have associated your kids with you. 

I wouldn't assume that just because they have sailed with you that CAS will figure out they are your children and apply your status.  Better to confirm it because once they hit 18 they won't go back and apply the relationship to them.  

My kids have cruised the exact same amount of days. When my daughter turned 18, we got her own Crown and Anchor account. She received credit for every cruise she did (double for suites and when they use to do double for December sailings). She’s a Diamond in her own. Her younger brother carries my Diamond Plus status and it makes her mad. 😂

There are two types of points:

- Earned points for those nights a person actually cruised.

- Inherited points for those nights another linked person cruised.

Kids under 18 can get inherited points as well as partners (married or not as long as the accounts are linked together).

Our DD accumulated her earned points plus some inherited points from us parents (once we had a JS and received double points while she was in a balcony with another person, so she got the double points too - my DH was on a solo cruise, both me and DD inherited those - double - points).

By the time she turned 18 she lost all inherited points but kept her earned ones of course (actually it was a couple of months after her birthday).

In case the kid has less earned points that the actual status the kid will keep the status and only lose the inherited points. So let´s say the kid has a total of 100 points with 60 earned and 40 inherited points. The kid will stay Diamond and then has to work its way up from 60 to 175 points to turn D+.

steamboats