Follow the Ham Fam as we Chase the Sun!

L1211

Large family playing cards in lobby bar while their children run in circles and scream (that’s literal) has me thinking about cabins. I always wondered why folks said “we travel in an inside, you are never in the cabin!”  I’m finding, for me, the cabin dictates how much time you spend in the cabin. I’m in the lobby while my DH showers and gets ready. Two people CANNOT be in this cabin at the same time unless the bed is involved. So, we’ve had to find “places to be” when we would have been in our cabin. This family with screaming children is on our short hall.  No where to be but a public space. It’s not my favorite. I like being able to have drinks with my DH in my cabin or watch a movie together. As an exec who travels, that’s a small luxury for

me. Contemplation over. Almost my turn in the cabin!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Making crepes nightly but we’ve missed it!  They look amazing. They Fam has hit the hand scooped ice cream. 

C244A0A2-6A78-41DD-8C9A-9C22CE04EBAA.jpeg

I always miss the crepes! Always! I’ll have to remember this. I discovered two cruises ago, they do scones with cream and jam around ‘tea time’. I legit will eat a plate.

Here’s a beef about the champagne bar. It’s drinking in a photo studio!  The flash goes off about every 10 to 30 seconds. We’d move but our girls know to find us here pre-dinner. I recommend making windjammers on 6 your meeting place!!  We movers  seats but it doesn’t matter...  

3EB0C70F-1C26-4821-9212-C7DB53634F97.jpeg

Edited by L1211
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

I always miss the crepes! Always! I’ll have to remember this. I discovered two cruises ago, they do scones with cream and jam around ‘tea time’. I legit will eat a plate.

Please do and post it for me!!!  We were in Paris recently and we missed the crepes too. What’s with that???  

46 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

I always miss the crepes! Always! I’ll have to remember this. I discovered two cruises ago, they do scones with cream and jam around ‘tea time’. I legit will eat a plate.

Wait, when and where may I find these illusive scones you speak of? I haven't encountered them in my last 3 cruises. Please "spill the tea" !

Thank 

13 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

In the buffet. I start looking around 1:30. There is a spot where they will have small pastries and cream scones. I’ve found them as last as 3pm. It’s only in one spot on the cruise. 

Thank you so much, I will keep my eye out for them next time!

We got the “you cannot have this or only you can only have that” and I had to ask, “really”. “Show me where”. He argued quite a bit and I explained I was blogging and wanted to get the “rules right for fellow readers”. He said we could have what we wanted. I really wanted to know where the “rules for Cagney’s” were published. No where. Sigh. 

On 1/6/2020 at 7:38 AM, L1211 said:

for

Great review. Your girls look like they are really enjoying themselves. Lovely dresses. 

I am also very tall and when I was their age I also dressed with the short skirts and high heels. Hey I was a starving student so there was never a shortage of free drinks.  I don’t need the free drinks anymore, I can’t wear heels for more than two hours and the short skirts are now just memories😀

6 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Great review. Your girls look like they are really enjoying themselves. Lovely dresses. 

I am also very tall and when I was their age I also dressed with the short skirts and high heels. Hey I was a starving student so there was never a shortage of free drinks.  I don’t need the free drinks anymore, I can’t wear heels for more than two hours and the short skirts are now just memories😀

Ha!  Sounds about right!  They are a hot mess. 

"Hey there!  Thanks for joining us!!  I think those face the jogging track?  I’m thinking you can see out but others cannot see in?   The rooms have to be bigger than ours. I think it is our location, rooms 1 and 2 tip of the bow. The girls room, 2 is much larger than 1!!"

Yes, 6008/6007 face the jogging track.  DS is autistic and sometimes doesn't like to leave the cabin, but he loves to people watch.  He adores the Boardwalk cabins on the Oasis class, so figured these cabins were my best option on a small ship.  

Your DDs are lovely.  I'm 5'11" and have always enjoyed the advantages that brings.

Two questions:

1. Would you purchase the premium beverage package again?

2. DS likes to watch movies, from what you've said I'm guessing the premium internet package won't allow streaming?  

Thank-you so much for the great review.

There were lots of new movies on the TV rolling all the time. The girls enjoyed them but wanted ondemand. You couldn’t stream video. I do t think I’d pay that much for the PPBP unless I’m a ship with a wine bar. The premium liquors were lost on me and only having access to nice wine at dinner was a big disappointment.  We had Starbucks each day and several bottles of water. That was nice.  Maybe that’s just me!  

Disembarking was the easiest ever. Left the ship ship doing Self assist about 9:45. TooK about 25 minutes to rental car pick up area. We never totally stopped moving. Extremely fluid and well organized!  If there were crowds they were earlier while we slept in!  

267B2E33-E2D5-4887-B8D3-8F7D9919560F.jpeg

Edited by L1211

30 minutes ago, edspec said:

"Hey there!  Thanks for joining us!!  I think those face the jogging track?  I’m thinking you can see out but others cannot see in?   The rooms have to be bigger than ours. I think it is our location, rooms 1 and 2 tip of the bow. The girls room, 2 is much larger than 1!!"

Yes, 6008/6007 face the jogging track.  DS is autistic and sometimes doesn't like to leave the cabin, but he loves to people watch.  He adores the Boardwalk cabins on the Oasis class, so figured these cabins were my best option on a small ship.  

Your DDs are lovely.  I'm 5'11" and have always enjoyed the advantages that brings.

Two questions:

1. Would you purchase the premium beverage package again?

2. DS likes to watch movies, from what you've said I'm guessing the premium internet package won't allow streaming?  

Thank-you so much for the great review.

Sounds like you picked a PERFECT Cabin. They look huge and just steps out to loungers if you Want to sit outside. Good on you!!

thanks. The girls are precious. Made our trip!  Enjoy yours!!

1 hour ago, pinklady65 said:

Just wanted to say thank you for your detailed review.  I will be boarding this morning and your posts have been invaluable. 

Yay!  Boarding day. Enjoy!!! 

46 minutes ago, edspec said:

DS likes to watch movies, from what you've said I'm guessing the premium internet package won't allow streaming?  

I would consider taking a device loaded with films and a HDMI cable to plug into the TV, you will have on demand films he wants to watch and no onboard costs.

Edited by ziggyuk