Follow the Ham Fam as we Chase the Sun!

L1211

7 minutes ago, marazad16 said:

Still following and completely enjoying your review. Did the seas calm down last night? Are you in port today? Hows the weather? What did you eat after the soup course last night? Overall Le Bistro opinion for last night? Carry on - sorry you got booted last night - our loss! Thanks again, this is great.

Should have checked the weather to see what was at sea!!  Terrible trying just to walk. Got to the oldest a bit and we have some pretty strong sea legs. It calmed down enough for The deck party by 11 so the Ham Fam rocked it out like Norwegians last night poolside!  But swayed all night!!!

429511F4-A1DA-4DAE-965E-E01E27D5AE3C.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dawnya00 said:

Selfishly,  I vote Le Bistro. I have that one reserved for my son and I. My husband will never go with me so I’m picking it for this cruise. I figure my son and get a steak and fries or go to the buffet later. I’m looking forward to the experience. 

Le Bistro was a great call!!  We loved it. The family all had the beef tenderloin and the DH said it was one of the most tender he’s ever had. He just had a $75 petite tenderloin at a high end steak house just before we departed. Thought Le Bistro did it better!!  The youngest DD ate Every bite of her steak. The family consensus was we get habichi anytime. We don’t get that kind of fine dining experience often!!

• Like 1

Back to dinner review at Le Bistro where we dropped off (kicked off???). Appetizers were a huge hit except for the salad. The “warm goat cheese salad” had a very pungent smelling outer rind of a strong French cheese. The family got way too much mileage out of that. The youngest DD ended up with mushroom soup x3 for other DD and DH (two apps each was no problem at all!!) and they LOVED it. Oldest DD, foodie, says it was the best thing she has eaten. Youngest DD didn’t think she liked mushrooms but had now fallen in love. Another thing I love about cruising, it’s a chance to try new foods and expand your horizons.  All in all, appetizer course was a huge success.

So, the dessert course was a let down. Nothing tasted as described.  The biggest Miss was “chocolate” fondue. It was warm Hershey syrup according to DDs. Maybe we were just too full to enjoy, But with not found dessert to be NCL’s strong suit .  Shown are fondue, apple tartin with ice cream, something with hazelnut, and some little Pastries with vanilla ice cream inside.  Pardon the descriptions. The French names are lost on me!  

The Oldest daughter did interrupt  dinner last night by clinking her lovely crystal glass with her  Fork, raising her glass and stating she wanted to make a French toast. Maybe you had to be there…

EC954276-5FB1-40BE-BC8E-1D08574E800B.jpeg

A98F1FFA-239A-49C2-A61D-5B62CA1B7E2E.jpeg

5818D475-E06D-40AE-8615-48D94FC90E2E.jpeg

5AAED9DB-08B6-4846-B932-133568A72E1E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I forgot, followed by 10:30pm 80’s dance party poolside. My DDs are a hoot together. The baby is 6’ and the oldest 6’3”. They wear heels and dress to impress!  We were walking by a crowd late last night and overheard a them saying “did you see that, her belly button was up to here. It was up to the height of a normal person.“ Yep we knew our oldest had just walked by...  

When asked if she plays basketball (and she’s asked all the time) she says no, I play golf or no, I play cricket or no, I play badminton, or no, I’m a gymnast. It’s fun to watch reactions...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, edspec said:

Loving this thread, we're on the Sun July 13th, cabins 6007 and 6008.  DH loves Alaska, and DS and I can spend quality time relaxing on a ship without a lot of hubbub. Looking forward to the walking track as well.

Hey there!  Thanks for joining us!!  I think those face the jogging track?  I’m thinking you can see out but others cannot see in?   The rooms have to be bigger than ours. I think it is our location, rooms 1 and 2 tip of the bow. The girls room, 2 is much larger than 1!!

Pizza review. 4/10 and I was hungry...  I thought Serrano’s on RCI was bad. Ok, it was bad. Carnival wins best pizza at sea hands down!  Luke warm, soggy crust. Cheese was good. Corn not a typical veggie pizza topping (in US. All over China!).  Sigh. 

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Sports bar started serving at noon. Ever seen these on tap??

A1BC1D4B-111A-479F-AC63-C15337D424AE.jpeg

I never order them when they have it on tap, as I find the pre mix very very weak. I like a Bahama Mama but order something else at those bars.

They normally have tose taps in the sports bar and by the pool.

23 hours ago, L1211 said:

Hmmm. I’m not sure if I’m only entertaining myself with this live blog...  anyone out there??? Any questions on the Sun?  Not sure it is a terribly popular ship. 

23 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

We are following, not on the Sun until October in Alaska but following with great interest.

I'm also following along.  Will be enjoying the Alaska/Repo cruise in October, and looking forward to it very much.  Love the smaller ships. 

18 minutes ago, tutuwahineLV said:

I'm also following along.  Will be enjoying the Alaska/Repo cruise in October, and looking forward to it very much.  Love the smaller ships. 

Fab, same as us on October 3rd, really looking forward to it, the smaller ships are supposed to be brilliant for Alaska.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlayCousin said:

Hi.  I'll chime in as following too.  Thanks for taking the time.  I've booked a 10 day cruise on Sun for the fall so really appreciate your thoughts and opinions.  

I could easily do 10 days on the sun!  Food and service outstanding!!  Enjoy. 

• Like 1

CostaMaya a bit of a busy so far - clearly the result of no plan!  At Barefoot beach club.  The town is not exactly a resort town so pulling in left the girls speechless. I love palm trees on the beach. Reminds me of Sayna in the South China Sea. Except Sanya is peppered with 7 star resorts. Not .07 star resorts. My girls got a bit pampered as expats...  $10 drinks. $20 nachos. Ridiculous for the “resort”.   My comparison to Sanya, would have been at a 10th the cost. Sigh. Weather is clearing!!  Don’t see this being a long day. Hoping for better experience at Paradis Beach Club in Cozumel tomorrow. 

4D9D83E5-F604-479E-930E-FF1D5D61CC3E.jpeg

B245151A-88DF-4AA9-9682-666EAD4B7CB2.jpeg

• Like 1