Follow the Ham Fam as we Chase the Sun!

L1211

11 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Do check all your drawers and shelves.  You may find a modern hair dryer; they have been in some of my cabins, not all. If you do not find one and you do want one, ask your cabin steward...maybe he will be able to supply your cabins.  

Checked. No such luck!  Might  try guest services. The youngest suggest I use my round brush while on deck 12. It was pretty windy last night!! 

1 hour ago, purpleally said:

Whistle pig rye is great!

have you tried to order a bottle of Veuve while dining

This days are gone my friend!  They have this lovely list that USED TO BE for PPB plan. And the Veuve is on that along with others lovely bottles of wine.  The waiter showed it to us and explained our package. The. Came rushing back from the bar to explain the NEW bottle of wine service. There are a few bottles with stars. Much more limited. And lower quality. Sigh. 

7 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Can you give us a sense of how awful the wifi was?

I can’t get a email to load on my phone. I need constant contact at work...  I haven’t fired up the laptop but will here soon. Pics take about two minutes each to load. 

17 hours ago, hfweather said:

There is supposed to be a pretty big front moving through the area tomorrow.  Seas may be a little rocky.  Hope you have a marvelous sailing.

Oh my.Last night, thankfully late, was as bad as we’ve experienced!  Maybe the smaller ship?  Maybe the location in the very front made it worse?  Told my husband we were lucky our bathroom was only inches from our bed!  No one in the family gets sea sick, thankfully!!!  Rocking but smoother today  

Thanks for the great read and pictures. We sailed on The Sun this past May to Cuba and really enjoyed the ship and its people. Happy, happy ship! Like you we have sailed mostly in the away class ships but the Sun was a pleasant surprise! So we booked her again sailing in 2 weeks. I'm sorry about your cabin but you seem to be making lemonade outta lemons - awesome!

One thing that really stood out was the MDR food, it was excellent on this ship. Away class we only do specialty dining. We'll see if that stands true again with the next sailing. Cant wait to keep reading your review and thanks for writing. You have a lovely family. 

16 hours ago, Love my butler said:

The crew usually put out the barf bags when they know rough seas are ahead.  They are an advanced weather report.

It was terrible last night!!  But it got bad late. Family weathered it fine. Tiny room made the distance to the bathroom much safer passage!!! 

1 minute ago, marazad16 said:

Thanks for the great read and pictures. We sailed on The Sun this past May to Cuba and really enjoyed the ship and its people. Happy, happy ship! Like you we have sailed mostly in the away class ships but the Sun was a pleasant surprise! So we booked her again sailing in 2 weeks. I'm sorry about your cabin but you seem to be making lemonade outta lemons - awesome!

One thing that really stood out was the MDR food, it was excellent on this ship. Away class we only do specialty dining. We'll see if that stands true again with the next sailing. Cant wait to keep reading your review and thanks for writing. You have a lovely family. 

So funny you say that!  We were in Los Lobos last night and had drinks and appetizers and the girls asked if we could leave and go to the MDR!  The place was lovely but we eat Mexican all the time. The oldest had seem a couple of appetizers (bruschetta and scallops) she wanted!  DH says “it’s our vacation and we can do what we want!  So off we went. It was fabulous!!  We had GREAT service late. Our waiter asked us to come back and ask for him-late again so he could enjoy us!  We are going to cancel another speciality and hit the MDR again!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Checked. No such luck!  Might  try guest services. The youngest suggest I use my round brush while on deck 12. It was pretty windy last night!! 

Have you asked your cabin steward if he or she can get hair dryers for you?  I really think this is within their realm.  Please give the steward the opportunity shine.  By the way, the stewards often can provide robes on request if any of you would like one.

29 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Have you asked your cabin steward if he or she can get hair dryers for you?  I really think this is within their realm.  Please give the steward the opportunity shine.  By the way, the stewards often can provide robes on request if any of you would like one.

Hey Starry Eyes, check this out!!  Followed you suggestion and I won’t be the fool on 12 with a round brush in the wind tonight!!

FEFBBE96-A192-447A-8945-144216DEE824.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

This days are gone my friend!  They have this lovely list that USED TO BE for PPB plan. And the Veuve is on that along with others lovely bottles of wine.  The waiter showed it to us and explained our package. The. Came rushing back from the bar to explain the NEW bottle of wine service. There are a few bottles with stars. Much more limited. And lower quality. Sigh. 

That pisses me off! (Not as bad as your room tho). Better not serve a flat glass, I’ll send it back until I hear that “pop “

we are 50 days away and I was so counting on it PLUS it’s still on their website 

Any chance you can get a picture of the current list?  Thanks

MDR lunch review. Surprisingly good. Did t love the menu.  Basically because we thought it didn’t change. So, went back for that arugula and shrimp salad!  Shocked not to find it. But, the poached salmon was delicious!!  Light, flavorful broth, crisp veggies.  Paired perfect with the nice Chardonnay. All in all it screamed vacation!!! Up next, a roasted peach. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, purpleally said:

That pisses me off! (Not as bad as your room tho). Better not serve a flat glass, I’ll send it back until I hear that “pop “

we are 50 days away and I was so counting on it PLUS it’s still on their website 

Any chance you can get a picture of the current list?  Thanks

Yes!  Going to do a dinner review. Will include wine lists. Yeah, disappointing.  We couldn’t get any of the wines from the “old” list we wanted by the bottle, but my husband reminded me we could drink the bottle!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1