NCL increased room service fee?

Lionkingrichard

2 hours ago, njkate said:

The o/p was referring too NCL this is NCL forum not Carnival

And it was a thread of posts going of the comparison that other cruiselines didn't charge for room service - and several posts going back and forth on that. If you actually READ the thread fully before randomly responding that is something you should have been able to comprehend. 

1 hour ago, trummy said:

I was on the Nov 10, 2019 sailing of Carnival Glory. The following is EXACTLY what room service entailed. My husband and I both had Ruebens, Chips and Cheesecake for the price of a $2 tip.

Mass hysteria among Carnival fan recently developed when Carnival announced it would begin to charge for room service.  After a quick backtrack, Carnival announced that they were not going to charge for most room service after all.  Instead, if you order room service between the hours of 10PM and 6AM, you’ll pay between $2 – $6 for late night menu items.  And there are up-charge menu items to select during the day, too.  https://cruisemaven.com/cruise-ship-room-service-fee-2019/

If you click on the daytime menu the right half is literally under a heading that says "A little $ a lot yummy". The ruebens, chips, and cheesecake are from the left side of the menu the "on the house" heading. If "a little $" in carnival doesn't mean having to pay for things under that heading that's a very weird world to be in. Otherwise it would mean that things on the right side of the menu cost a little $ and things on the left don't. Again, only going by what is on Carnival's website and their daytime room service menu that they link to that literally half of the menu is under the heading "a little $ a lot yummy". https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/room-service-menu.pdf

15 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

If you click on the daytime menu the right half is literally under a heading that says "A little $ a lot yummy". The ruebens, chips, and cheesecake are from the left side of the menu the "on the house" heading. If "a little $" in carnival doesn't mean having to pay for things under that heading that's a very weird world to be in. Otherwise it would mean that things on the right side of the menu cost a little $ and things on the left don't. Again, only going by what is on Carnival's website and their daytime room service menu that they link to that literally half of the menu is under the heading "a little $ a lot yummy". https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/room-service-menu.pdf

Never said items on the right were free. Are you reading everything said? Fine, I guess you know more about it than I do. I was only there.. Don't want to argue. Have a great weekend.

Edited by trummy

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

And it was a thread of posts going of the comparison that other cruiselines didn't charge for room service - and several posts going back and forth on that. If you actually READ the thread fully before randomly responding that is something you should have been able to comprehend. 

Well excuse the hell out of me 

it’s nothing to get your knickers in a twist about sheesh maybe if you all STAYED on TOPIC regarding NCL room service bloopers wouldn’t happen

Edited by njkate

23 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Relax folks, it's just a few more nickels and dimes.  NCL has perfected the fine art of separating you from your nickels and dimes.

For your convenience of course....

for the first time in 10 years with NCL we adjusted the discretionary service charge on our last cruise on the Getaway.  We hated doing it but we did it. The service was appalling then we realized it was because they lacked employees.

• Like 1