TIPS & INFO: First Time on Harmony of the Seas :-)

My husband and I will be taking our 3 year old toddler on his first cruise and celebrating our second wedding anniversary. My in-laws are coming too and they haven’t been on a cruise for over 15 years. We have cruised on the Allure of the Seas in 2018. Would appreciate all the info, tips, and heads up! 

One last thing, how are the speciality restaurants? Recommendations? 

I was on Harmony in October. It’s a great ship. Don’t miss the shows. Grease was fantastic. We did the specialty dining package and loved it. Our favorite was 150 Central. The only meal we didn’t like was the Chops Caesar salad at lunch, all the other specialty was wonderful. I posted a full review on here if you want to search for it.

You'll find the layout similar to Allure. I did find the windjammer much busier on Harmony then it was on my cruises on Oasis and Symphony. So much so after two days attempting to get breakfast there we started going to main dining room. I highly recommend trying the mdr for breakfast - there is a buffet and be served side. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

We just got off Harmony in Dec. Izumi sushi is flat out amazing. The ramen bowl I highly recommend. We had the 3 night dining package and Izumi was definitely our favorite. You'll love the ship, Port Canaveral is easy to navigate, and they have the new facial recognition so getting off the ship at the end is easy. We also found Windjammer busy and hard to move through due to crowds. If you try to get there as they are opening on a port day, don't bother, the line waiting to get in is beyond long. Central park cafe had a great breakfast and lunch but was just as crowded, if not more so than, as Windjammer. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone! We will definitely get the 3 night dining package (I am trying to convince my husband to get the unlimited ha).

I think the suggestion is to schedule a dining experience the first night, to beat the crazy crowds and of course start off the cruise right! Can someone remind me again how to schedule? 

On 1/7/2020 at 11:37 AM, TheTuggles said:

Thank you everyone! We will definitely get the 3 night dining package (I am trying to convince my husband to get the unlimited ha).

I think the suggestion is to schedule a dining experience the first night, to beat the crazy crowds and of course start off the cruise right! Can someone remind me again how to schedule? 

You need to choose unlimited if you want to eat at Izumi Hibachi

4 minutes ago, denamo said:

Read recently on the planner, with the unlimited package, there is a $10 up charge for Izumi Hibachi.

Yep, they just recently changed the upcharges and allowances.

1 hour ago, denamo said:

Read recently on the planner, with the unlimited package, there is a $10 up charge for Izumi Hibachi.

I've seen that as well. Not sure if that covers the add'l $5 surcharge to get the 2 meat combos🤔

And do you pay 18% extra on the $10?

Doesn't sound very unlimited to me. 😉

We have 4 sailings on ship with Hibachi over the next two months. They all say that.

1722556513_unlimiteddining.JPG.c992af2dd28b9f480e27388c01c2817a.JPG

I plan on stopping by Izumi first thing Sunday morning and see if I can snag a 30% discount

Edited by John&LaLa