1-9-20 Thursday Weigh-In....January 20 Is Our Year Of Weight Loss

Belle

Where's everyone?   It's Tuesday!   I'm busy trying to get ready for my cruise. Leave in a week.

My eating is just so so. Not bad but not as good as it should be. Probably be a stay the same

this week better than a gain. Still have today and tomorrow to lose. Who Knows?

Take care everyone.   

Edited by Belle

Belle - where does this cruise go to?  My daughter has gone back to trying to be healthy and has lost some weight along with her DH .... on the other hand, my DH has been eating ice cream and popcorn!  I am trying, not snacking, but still need to start counting and writing down what I eat ... Jan

Melmer, hope you're all better soon. 

Belle, lucky you to have a cruise so soon.

My eating WAS good this week until we went our to dinner last night. I weighed myself this morning. I'm the same, which us good, but really wanted a loss.

On a good note, my favorite pants feel loose so maybe progress that way.

Jan, my hubby is the same. Loves ice cream and popcorn. I have these little cups, not even a 1/2 cup size, I put my ice cream in that. If I used a bowl...well...…..

Have a nice evening everyone.

Diana

• Like 2

I made a really healthy dinner, and now it's almost bedtime and I'm snacky.  I really badly want french fries 🍟 👎

So I'm making roast cauliflower in the oven instead 😊 crunchy, salty, and best of all it fits into my calorie limit for the day!  I'm psyched.  Just wanted to share, cos I'm quite pleased I didn't give in BUT simultaneously I don't feel deprived.

• Like 5

Great job, @clumsychica!  I was feeling lousy yesterday and very tempted to get takeout for supper rather than cook (especially when DH was running late and I had to make an extra trip to get DS from practice).  I reminded myself that I had meat thawed for dinner and could quick it just as quickly as picking something up.

We had beef fried rice with lots of veggies and finished the day within my limits.  There was even enough leftovers for DS to have an easy lunch when he forgot this morning he was packing 🙂 

• Like 2

Well I saw that this was a featured vlog. Read up to this point and I want to join in.

Congrats to all of those who are staying on target.

Couple of years ago I lost 47 lbs. 213 to 163.  I have slowly gained some of it back. I now weigh 181. I know what to do (I keep telling myself) as I have done it before. It is not easy. Its a change of mind set with food and actually thinking 

about what your are eating, drinking and exercising daily.

We just got back 2 weeks ago today from a 15 day cruise. I refused to get on the scale for 7 days until I felt better. Ya know that always full feeling you get on a cruise? Yep. I was miserable. I was happy to see that I was the same weight as when I had left.

Now, I have 6 months to lose 20 pounds. I know that sounds easy to do. I have health challenges that make it a bit harder. But I know I have done it before and can do it again. Pay attention to the food I eat, drink more water and exercise. I currently have a goal of 4 miles a day walking and get there 70% of the time. I was sick this week but today I feel much better.  My goal is to do at least 4 miles a day 6 days a week.

This vlog is good for support and education. Everyone has a weight challenge. Its the way our society has evolved. 

Thanks for reading. Here's to making ourselves feel better!!

• Like 1

Welcome Greenie  Glad you had a good cruise and a week later no gains.

Congrats on the weight you lost. Yes you can do it.

Greenie this is last weeks weigh-in. Post on the 1-16-20 post so everyone

can say Hello.

Come in anytime and talk and always come in every Thursday.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 11:16 AM, pacruise804 said:

Start: 208.6

Goal 5/14 (next cruise): 20# loss

Goal 10/22 (just after 25th anniversary): another 25# loss

Goal end of year: finish weight of 155#

I really like your goal for the year. Although I have less than you to lose, the struggle is still there. Here are my stats as I love this accountability exercise: 

Start:140.5 (January 2, 2020 - just didn't have the guts to weigh in on the 1st)

Goal 5/17 (next cruise): 20.5# loss

Goal end of year: finish weight of 120# that I can maintain from May to end of year  

Pacruise804, we are sailing approximately lthe same date in May, we are going on the Greek Isles cruise out of Civitavecchia, leaving May 17. I'm hoping to get to my goal weight by then.  

Looks like I will be losing weight at a 1# increment per week. Another one down this week, now at 138.2

• Like 1

Welcome, Greenie 🙂 I also lost around 50# a few years ago and gained it all back.  I know what to do, but the sustained focus seems harder this time 😞 Like you I've also been sick this week and haven't gotten as much walking as I would have liked. Glad you are feeling better.

JenGi, nice steady loss 🙂 Our cruise is closer to home (Eastern Caribbean).  Let's both smash our goals!

• Like 2

Start on 1-12: 182 lbs

Goal - Aug.8th (cruise to Alaska) 160#'s

Current weigh in today: 181lbs.

Exercise: have walked at least 4 miles a day for the last week. Sunday is rest day 🙂

Exercise goal: walk 5 miles a day to 7 miles a day

I am lucky that I can walk here in the office. Coworkers know what I am trying to achieve. We discuss in the office how all of us are trying to achieve weight loss and feeling better. Keto diet seems to be what they are doing. I do not think that is my cup of tea. What I told them I am doing (and chanting to myself) is: exercise more and eat less / better.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!  I'm definitely a latecomer to the group, but would love to join.  I'm really impressed by the caring support you show each other.  We are heading out on a 21-day cruise in April through the Panama Canal on Norwegian Bliss (NYC-Seattle), and I've been working on establishing good habits (and losing some pounds as well).  I noticed that at least one of you mentioned Noom -- I'm a recent convert to it, and am really happy with it.  I find its focus on dividing foods up into groups based on calorie density really works for me.  I tried Ideal Protein about 3 years ago, and although I lost lots of weight (almost 55 pounds) in about 7 months, my kidneys didn't like it (dips in kidney function) and I gained it all back -- with a vengeance.  I also like the support structure Noom provides -- a combination of psychology, science, and sociology, as they say.  

My goals:

Weight when I started with Noom (Jan 28): 217

Current weight: 211

Goal #1 (start of cruise is April 19): 199

Goal #2 (end of cruise is May 10): 195 (being realistic -- I won't have access to Noom continuously throughout the cruise, and will have lots of temptation -- of course, I'll be doing LOTS of walking, and LOTS of stairs!)

Goal #3 (64th birthday is in August): 180

Exercise Goals: 

Go to Gold's Gym at least 3x / week for water aerobics, my cardio and arms workout routine, or some other hour-long activity

Walk at least 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week

Walk 18 holes of golf (hilly course!) at least once a week starting in March -- substitute walking around the Bliss in April and May!

Diana

• Like 1